1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Am I wasting my time (and money) dating?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by THEdally_llama, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

Same here bro lol I always thought that hooking up without commitments is the way to go because you see everybody else do it but that's not the case. The times I have had a random
    Hook up it felt awkward and not to mention someone always ends up hurt in the process whether it be me getting attached due to lack of experience or me realizing I don't really like this girl outside of hooking up and she gets attached and needy. So in my experience hook ups are not optimal for me I want a connection deeper.

2. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Yeah, exactly, one of the two gets hurt eventually.

3. Mandibule

Mandibule New Fapstronaut

This is wisdom friends. This man speak truth. I can relate very much to this.

4. THEdally_llama

THEdally_llama Fapstronaut

Maybe it's true man, maybe I'm placing my priorities and values into the wrong area. However, dry spells suck so I am trying to end that lol.

And yeah, you're right. Lot's of fish have been biting but no catches.

I guess it all boils down to frustration. I can't believe the amount of silly games that (as a man) I feel like I'm playing. Maybe I'm putting up with it when I shouldn't?

It's such a fine line, balancing attention with ignoring and not showing too much interest and then not showing enough. I feel like every time I send a message, every time I ask to hang out, everything just hangs in the fucking balance. For instance, I had been talking with this one girl for a while, we had 4 dates. On the 4th date she was hanging on me and I got great vibes from her, unfortunately I couldn't have sex with her because I had to drive my friends back home and couldn't stay the night at hers. All signs were pointing in the direction of a good relationship - then I hit her up about valentines day. Sure enough she severed the ties. It was so unexpected I was just left scratching my head, and her explanation was that she was too involved with work and too busy to prioritize dating (we had hung out 4 times and already been practically dating anyway!?). I told her afterwards that I never wanted anything serious, but she never replied.

Modern feminism tells women, they don't need a man. The question I should be asking on the very first date is "whether or not they WANT a man." Because it seems to me, that a lot of them really don't care to be in relationships when you just graduate college and are making money, living free, and traveling all you want as a single person.

Hitto likes this.
  5. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

My advice:

1. Decide what you want. Stop being wishy-washy, because that's what you'll attract back. Do you want to hookup because you don't want to miss an opportunity? Or do you want long-term emotional and sexual commitment? If you want the latter, start acting like that.
    2. Tell people what you're looking for, before you go on a date. Something sweet and concise such as "Looking for the ying to my yang" or whatever. Something funny yet obvious. That you are looking for a real connection, but you're in no hurry but just want to focus on getting to know people and see how it goes.
    3. Start acting like you already have what you want. Yes, you have urges. Yes, you have needs. We all do. But if you want to find wifey material, start acting like husband material. Meaning stop thinking with your dick first and start getting to know the woman, her values, her personalities and see if she matches what you want.
    4. Be the partner you want to attract: so you want a woman who is compassionate, empathetic, kind, loving, understanding, mature, emotionally available, faithful, exclusive - start embodying those traits yourself. You'll attract people who correspond to your own level. Don't expect the "perfect" partner if you're not "perfect" yourself.
    5. Don't stick your dick in her too soon. Even though you're both all hot and bothered, don't stick it in! WAIT! Get to know each other first, and TELL HER that you want to get to know her. Don't just assume she knows what you're thinking, but communicate to her, that you find her very attractive and sexy and blah blah, but that you want to make sure you establish a secure connection first. She will respect you without worrying about you not finding her attractive. Tell her this and live up to it, and it will heighten her attraction to you times million. Trust me. Women want to feel they mean more to you than instant gratification. You'll get plenty of poon later, don't worry.
    6. Same level of investment - HIGH enthusiasm! Meaning: be CONSISTENT with your attention. No "playing hard to get" crap. No "push / pull" bullshit. Just mirror her frequency of communication, but ALWAYS ALWAYS AAAALWAAAYS respond with HIGH enthusiasm. So if you only text once a day, ALWAYS text something cheerful and enthusiastic back. Same level of investment - HIGH enthusiasm. I can't stress this enough. NEVER EVER dobbelt text.
    7. Date suggestions: go for a walk. Find a cheap cafe and have coffee. Go to a free art thing or museum or interactive whatever. Sit outside somewhere nice and chat or play a board game. Just hang out and get to know each other.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018