1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Am i gay??

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by precivilization, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Well yes I shouldn't have said that I do apologize.

2. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

We are born with zero sexual tendencies. Zero. That's a fact. You saying babies are born sexual? Think about it.

3. Jaime123

Jaime123 Fapstronaut

I have felt different for as long as I can remember. I couldn't describe why until puberty, when I came to realise I am gay and started to feel attracted to other guys my age. This is a common shared experience of gay people. So no, of course gay (or straight or bi) people are not born wanting sex as children but from my experience it seems that we are born pre-wired to grow up gay or straight or bi or whatever. That's the way our brains work, and there is nothing wrong with that.

noonoon likes this.
  4. ElectricGoats

ElectricGoats Fapstronaut

It is true, babies arent born with sexuality, because sexual development hasnt occurred yet.

No proof exists to whether or not DNA defines sexuality, there are arguments for and against based off of our current understanding of genetics and sexual development. However, genetics are a little more complicated than this. Its not only the data contained in the bases of our DNA that is genetic makeup, but also the distinct ways in which our the strands are twisted around different proteins. For the sake of clarity, inside the nucleus it isn't just a load of neat pieces of DNA existing as cute little chromosome pairs, instead imagine it as a unfathomably large box of 23 very tangled pairs of Christmas lights, containing a huge amount of complicated bauble shapes. Its messy. Both the bases of the DNA, the shape characteristic, and this tangling are what is replicated and define everything about us.

It is highly theorised that it is some section of this 'twisting' characteristic that plays a part in our sexuality and sexual development. If you are genuinely interested there is a good Ted talk by James O Keefe which touches a little on this.

However it can be proven that homosexuality is not a completely learned behaviour. Mainly by looking at homosexual mating patterns in higher order animal kingdoms (i.e. mainly mammals). Some early studies have shown that mammals isolated from watching affection patterns, mating, and in some cases purposefully being ripped from their mother at young ages, still can show homosexual tendencies.

Further to this, survival of the fittest also helps show a predisposition to homosexuality. Part of the reason these behaviours can only be observed in higher order kingdoms is because the general trend is that these animals live worse more dangerous lives, the mother could die when the babies are young, and in some cases during pregnancy just because giving birth to larger animals is dangerous.

The animals then showing homosexual tendencies were there to help to the pack (Interestingly enough this is usually the male animal, lesbian animals are seldom observed - partly because 9/10 times with animals the female doesnt have much say in whether or not she is getting pregnant, unless you're a penguin!), being strong and taking in young whos mother have been abandoned. Thus helping to ensure that iteration of evolution. And also proving that homosexuality is not a completely learned behaviour - i.e. the general rule goes if it can be observed to a major degree in different evolutionary trees over a large periods of time the behaviour is not learnt.

noonoon likes this.
  5. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

6. ElectricGoats

ElectricGoats Fapstronaut

By virtue of that application of "correlation does not mean causation" you're discrediting fundamental rules of evolution...

People can have whatever opinion they want, rightly or wrongly, your view on what sexuality should be vs what it is, is immaterial to me. But there is evidence proving sexuality is a function of genetic code.

Jaime123 and Noelle like this.
  7. Jaime123

Jaime123 Fapstronaut

The OP asked for our help and I'm not sure we're helping.

Precivilisation, you did not deserve to be abused. You do not deserve to be humiliated. You do not deserve to die. You are worthy of love. And you will find friendship and love again- please, don't lose hope.
    Maybe you're gay, maybe you're not, either way there is nothing wrong with you. Listen to your heart, without judgement.
    We have all made mistakes, and you will make mistakes in the future. That is the nature of being human. But you are already trying to improve your life by quitting PMO and overcoming your sex addiction and I respect that.

You may find that getting professional help will be beneficial, but please be very careful when choosing a therapist if you do. Find one who has expertise and is going to treat you with understanding regarding you questioning your sexuality.

Beingpure and Andrzej like this.
  8. kriss93

kriss93 Fapstronaut

So you are saying that if someone as sexually abused as a child from an older male they are damned and doomed, and they must be gay? So is there a solution for those people who are developing "gay" feeling which are probably inducated by a childhood sexual abuse to go back to hetero feelings?

9. I was implying that being sexually abused can be the cause of it. I don't know if there's a cure lol.

10. kriss93

kriss93 Fapstronaut

Yes but I am just curious that according to you opinion is there a cure? if yes, what could it be? I'm just asking...

11. Hypnosis...
    [​IMG]

12. kriss93

kriss93 Fapstronaut

Can you please explain it a bit what you are thinking of exactly?

13. Jaime123

Jaime123 Fapstronaut

Oh good grief. What is it with dumb straight men thinking that anyone who is not exactly like themselves needs curing?? We're not sick.
    Sexual orientation cannot be "cured" because:
    1. It's not a disease.
    2. Attempts to change sexual orientation do not work. And goodness knows hateful straight people have tried hard enough to change us. Fix us. Eliminate us.
    The problem is not us, it's you.

Beingpure likes this.
  14. Lyart

Lyart Fapstronaut

Go to a gay bar and experiment with your sexuality. Those guys are empathic, speak with them.

15. esforzado

esforzado Fapstronaut

You have had a lot of homo experiences, I had only one and it affected me more than I would have liked. Let me tell you about me and try to ease your pain. [email protected].