1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

All about fitness

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by lamstronger, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Dertogada

Dertogada New Fapstronaut

Hey man! I am glad to see the topic.I exercise usually,I focus one my upper body strength.I do it by my own at home most of the time and sometimes i exercise with my friend.I don't follow any diet program and I don't follow anybody either

2. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

I take protein as well, very rarely bcaas. Stopped creatine as well, but im also wondering if i should give it another go

Anti-ordinary likes this.
  3. Mike28

Mike28 Fapstronaut

Supplements:
    -whey protein
    (-protein bar if i did not get enough proteins)
    -creatine

Not gym related:
    -fish oil (my concentration got way better ever since i started taking it)
    -multivitamin tabs for my water (started taking it to put some flavour in my drinks and figured that vitamines can't hurr you)

4. Abmu

Abmu Fapstronaut

Hey guys can you give me any tips for bulking down like what things should I eat and what not to eat, I'm am training for rugby so I want to be fit enough for my team and matches

5. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Bulking down as in to lose weight or..?

6. Abmu

Abmu Fapstronaut

7. Abmu

Abmu Fapstronaut

Sorry I ment cutting

8. Clean Plate

Clean Plate Fapstronaut

I only take Caffeine pills (bought at local walgreens) for concentration during workouts. I used to use creatine but I started losing a lot of hair. Haven’t researched much about that but I found most say it’s true. What do you guys know about that?

9. Mike28

Mike28 Fapstronaut

Lift as always and be in a small deficit with your calories (tracking with an app might help). It does not really matter what you eat as long as you stick to the amount of calories you've set yourself. Make sure to eat enough proteins so you do not lose muscles (2g per kg bodyweight each day).

Oh and do not be surprised if you gotta eat a lot. I asume you burn a lot of calories because of your rugby training.

Abmu likes this.
  10. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

I heard the same, that there is some research done that creatine causes hair loss.

@Abmu you need to be in a caloric deficit to lose weight

11. dodalala

dodalala Fapstronaut

This is total bro science that isn't true.It was put out by the supplement industry to sell whey powder. also if you want the correct line it's lean body mass not total bodyweight, you do not count the fat percentage.

12. GettingAGrip

GettingAGrip Fapstronaut

Nice!
    My workout routine is alternating days between Muay Thai/boxing, and lifting weights (For example: boxing on Monday, lifting on Tuesday, boxing on Wednesday, etc.).

I also follow Jeff Nippard, as well as Zac Smith, Brandon White, and a few MMA fighters as well.

13. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Do you guys use any app for tracking/creating your workouts?

14. Nope...I just right my workout routine in my books or papr:)

15. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Progressive overload and everything?

16. Mike28

Mike28 Fapstronaut

I use myfitnesspal because i didn't eat enough and could not gain weight.

I do 'track' my workouts by writting down the weight that i used and the reps i did.

17. Split: chest, legs, shoulders, back, and arms day, 2 rest days per week. I try and do abs and some cardio with every workout.

Diet: I try and generally healthy, no sugary food in the house. I have no “rules” necessarily.

I don’t follow anyone...

18. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Do you like the bro split?

19. I highly recommend Alpha Destiny's novice program. It's like any basic strength training program for novices, steady progressive overload, full body three times a week frequency, relevant accessory work. I don't follow a specific diet or nutrition plan though, just a caloric surplus with regular food.

20. I think a complete strength/bodybuilding app should have these features
    • option to build a custom routine and export/import it for backup & sharing
    • live workout tracking with the option to change weight/sets/reps on the spot
    • a large set of exercises and the option to add new ones
    • periodization support
    • stats
    The only app I found that can do all of this is called pen and paper :]

I've been working out for a few years now but am still a beginner because I skip days and can't eat properly. Now I'm on a bro split focusing on shoulders and back because I think those muscles are the most important ones for aesthetics. I do endurance or HIIT running on the off-gym days.