1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Aliens

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by jojoestar, Sep 14, 2018.

1. That's what I said... In simple terms... There is life out there... But we can't contact each other during to limitations of time and distance.

2. From what I've heard their crafts fly on gravity. Doesn't make sense I know, but if they've been around for millions of years perhaps they've figured out a way to manipulate gravity, somehow transforming the pull of a planet or star into energy. If they've really visited us, that of course would mean they're going faster than the speed of light, which sounds unlikely. I'm inclined to believe they do take advantage of some kind of worm holes, if they're out there at all.

3. Im not a physicist but it seems to me the best way to create a lot of energy in a small space is nuclear fusion, all you need to do is get over the initial hump of starting the reaction, keep it fueled and contained and with high enough efficiency harvest the energy produced, probably with a means more advanced than steam and turbines

4. Even if we could do fusion it would take decades to get to the nearest star.

5. The issue is speed... Even with light speed(which only energy can travel and therefore no living being or machine will reach it without being converted into radiant energy!) travel will take millions of years from the nearest habitable systems... How will you survive that and still retain your meaning and purpose in such a travel!
    Stasis? Stasis only slows down biological degradation, it can't stop it.
    Physical laws won't allow you to travel faster.
    Biological and chemical laws won't allow any living being to survive such a long travel time.

And nuclear energy needs nuclear fuel which is very very scarce! Also you can't control the kind of nuclear energy stars produce... It is spontaneous and irreversible.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Nope. Proxima Centuri (4 ly away) probably has a habitable planet.
    How about just letting people fuck? In a thousand generations you could get reasonably far.

7. Bruh.

8. It doesn't have highly specialized life. . Or else we would have gotten proof of it, it being so near. Also no way something is gonna use speed of light without becoming energy itself... And we don't have no known way to create pure matter out of pure energy. Such a ship will theoretically become a flash of light and nothing else... It will be like sending a electromagnetic signal to the destination!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2018
  9. I mentioned meaning and purpose... Generations will begin to question it, revolts will occur, situations will arise, accidents will happen, diseases will occur as microorganisms will always be there in all kind of life forms earthen OR alien. How will a thousand generations stay true to a single purpose? They simply won't!

10. Actually the fuel for fusion is plentiful and different to fission:

"ITER and future devices will use the hydrogen isotopes deuterium and tritium to fuel the fusion reaction. Deuterium can be distilled from all forms of water. It is a widely available, harmless, and virtually inexhaustible resource."
    https://www.iter.org/sci/FusionFuels

Although unless there's a way to create wormholes using that energy or cross universes then there's still the speed issue yeah..

11. Well even if wormholes were to be a thing they will require insane precision and any error will result in you passing through something undesirable and all will be over. Plus speed will always limit you either way... Also if you send carbon through a wormhole and the different physical conditions ended up mutating it into some other elements... Game over! Have you thought about it? What about genetic mutations? Genetic material is prone to radiations... No way will it pass a wormhole and stay the same.

12. Also water ain't highly available everywhere in universe.... How many planets we know that are as water rich as earth? Only a fraction... And all are very far away... Those comparatively near to us have proven to be devoid of higher life forms already so they are out of equation.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2018
  13. Mattew

Mattew Fapstronaut

The theory behind space travel is about a property of atoms. The idea is that it is not actually about travelling but more about teleporting, or changing the nature of the matter that composes the vehicle we are travelling in.

The location on space is one of the properties of a particle, the idea is to change that, so the object will move into another part of space.

14. It's all science fiction. We haven't discovered a physical phenomenon around instant teleportation? Have we?
    So far... We have to physically travel... Be it matter or energy.

15. Well, besides radio waves we don't do much mess. Medieval humans would be virtually undetectable from Mars, let alone from Alpha Centauri.

But I think you'd still need a huge fucking tank of water

Water is actually a very common chemical

We sort of did. It's called quantum entanglement but I think it's going to take some time before we're able to use it for teleporting humans :D

16. Mattew

Mattew Fapstronaut

Man, aliens are science fiction, if you want to talk about it, you already are talking about science fiction...

17. Well the real debate is whether the alien visits in earth are real?and that's not real. I have provided why it is not possible. I don't deny they exist. But an intelligent race that has learned to do tricks like instant teleportation, wormhole juggling and is past barrier of speed of light and beyond laws of thermodynamics... That's not possible. I rest my case.

18. Mattew

Mattew Fapstronaut

No, the debate is about aliens in general, for what i know.

And actually, if you don't deny they exist, you're wrong. You can't deny they may exist, in the same way a lot of other science fiction may exist.
    But for what we know now for sure, aliens do not exist, as other science fiction theories do no exist. So, if we talk about aliens, we already are talking about science fiction...

19. We do know that? Reads to me rather like a statement as: "Of course we all know that the Earth is the center of gods creation and that he fixed the sun and the moon and stars as lights in the sky to brighten our days! How stupid or crazy can anyone be, to believe the world would be round like a ball and rotating in an empty space around the sun?!

Aliens will contact the humans sooner or later, if they are not even the source of our intelligence and religious cultures already.

20. Mattew

Mattew Fapstronaut

Don't get me wrong, i'm very open about the argument, i read sitchin's book, david icke books (icke is actually out of his mind by the way), and a lot of other materials about ancient astronauts, aliens, and things like that.

In the post i was just replying to another user, you should read the whole thing to understand my post.

im_broken likes this.