1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Age Gap

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Min, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Min

Min Fapstronaut

Hey Guys!

What do you guys think of age gap? Either younger or older.

Has anyone been in relationship with big age gap, how'd it turn out?

Been with women older than them? How'd that turn out?

Even been with much younger than them, how about that?

2. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

My sisters husband is 17 years older than her.
    Lots of people gave them shit.
    They have been together 15 years.
    They have two beautiful children.
    Of all my siblings, he's my favorite "married in" family.
    When I first heard I was like... Well.... But then I met him and I really believe it depends on the person.
    Some people make it gross.
    Some people just look like love.

3. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

My ex was 37 and i was 27 worked out fine.

its only a issue if you thinx its a issue.

4. blews

blews Fapstronaut

I think more so than an age gap its just more important to be dating someone that is in the same phase in their life as you. For example, an age gap of 5 years for lets say someone 23 and 28, both have careers and independence is different from being 23 and 18, with one in the real world and the other just finishing up high school and entering college. As long as you are in the same phases of your lives, it will be much easier to relate and really create a serious relationship.

5. When I was 18, I went out with a 26 year old on a date. Felt really really weird. I was a virgin and she was inviting me back to her place. I was not ready and took a pass.

Other than that, my real relationships have been close-ish together. My ex-wife is 4 years older than me. My wife is 3 years younger than me. When I was dating post divorce, I wanted it that way. Even though I was 41 going out with a 38 year old and wanted kids, I wanted a good relationship first. Not saying big age gaps don't work, I don't like to generalize. Just saying for me, to seek a younger partner post divorce would have been like @Kenzi said, gross for me, like I was viewing a potential partner through the lens of being a baby vessel.

Turns out my wife and I couldn't have kids on our own. And guess what, we adopted a beautiful baby girl when she was born and she's 10 months now. Best kiddo in the entire world. I couldn't have made it turn out better if God gave me the wheel and let me steer my own life any way I wanted at the time.

Peace,
    -Quinn

6. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

Depends on the ages in question.

Also depends on the level of compatible maturity. I am 28 and I am not interested in younger men, mostly because in my personal experience they are too emotionally immature.

Heath and Gotham Outlaw like this.
  7. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I'm not really interested in most girls my age. A lot of them only seem to care about superficial things like Instagram, snapchat, etc. I prefer to date a woman who has real interests. I also like people who can appreciate dark humor.

8. ClaudeDuval

ClaudeDuval Fapstronaut

Generally i think it works best with an older guy and a younger girl. Girls tend to like older guys and guys tend to like younger girls. My gf is 6 years younger :) girls like an older male to sort of take care of them and be a little more mentally developed. Men like a youthful side kick who they can guide lol

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  9. WabNabChi

WabNabChi Fapstronaut

You seem to be an intellectual

10. I'm currently seeing someone (F) who is 6 years older than me.

The only issue I foresee is having children, which is something I consider an absolute must if I'm going to marry someone, and needs to happen pretty soon for her not to miss her chance.

11. I hope she ended up getting her wish. If she got to 43 without one, it's really hard for her to have one without any problems.

Deleted Account likes this.