1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepting my body

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by natnhnatnh, Mar 20, 2018.

1. natnhnatnh

natnhnatnh Fapstronaut

Hi fapstronauts, this is a very important thread for me.
    Sorry for my English!

I know it will might sound superficial or whatever but it’s really hard to deal with it.

I had a precocious puberty. When I was 12 to 15 I was the strong guy, I was feeling really great with my body. I had close friends, friends and I was talking with girls.
    Everything was ok, I was practicing martial arts, and I was doing great.
    With my friends, I used to be the « leader » (I hate this word).

When I turned 15, I started feeling short ( I’m about 5 foot 7 / 170 cm), and i got annoyed because of that, I stopped martial arts because I wasn’t feeling great with my body.
    I was rejected by girls because I wasn’t manly.

I have always wanted to workout but I don’t because of my height. I don’t feel as a man. I always feel humiliated when my shortness is too obvious.
    I was doing really great when doing sports but I’ve lost all my confidence, same with the girls.

I know that how i look like isn’t the most important, and that the only thing I can do is accepting it but it’s really hard.

I’m waiting for your advices guys, thanks

2. Well I can say this if you don't accept yourself WHO IS ? I always wanted to be 6ft 4in tall it didn't happen I am 5ft 10in I don't think it holds me back nor do women even mention it to me when I got out with them if they did I would ditch them I only date women that like me as I am and WOMEN THAT LIKE YOU , LIKE YOU AS YOU ARE. By the way you mention you practice martial arts think about this Bruce Lee was only 5ft 7in look it up on google I think he did ok with it. don't overthink it your doing fine

natnhnatnh likes this.
  3. I am in massage therapy school, and lift and would say that I went from honestly thinking that women would recoil at my touch and become nauseous at the thought of touching me to where I will take my shirt off around others (still fat, but now I really couldn't care.) Stop thinking so much on it, it's not healthy.

As for height, I'm 5'6". I don't care. As long as I can out bench, out squat, out deadlift that 6'5" guy, I'm the king.

natnhnatnh likes this.
  4. [​IMG]Height is just a number. Start lifting. You ever hear Vegeta bitching about being 5'4"? And he married Bulma.

5. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

Haha coming from someone who is barley 5'8 learn to live with it lol if your height is s deal breaker for any woman then she isn't the right one for you. I use to be insecure about my height but it never stopped me from taking care of myself or my body. I used to go to the gym to try look fit and get girls but now I just do it for my own state of mind and it gives me self worth. Do things that give you a sense of self worth and stop focusing on the perceptions of others because you have no control over that.But you always have the choice to do things that directly and indirectly help your self-love.Also being short I have had taller women show interest in me so I believe we always skew or obscure are own insecurities when other people barley can recognize or pick up on them

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    natnhnatnh and Deleted Account like this.
  6. Toomuchh

Toomuchh Fapstronaut

this is gold :emoji_joy:

natnhnatnh and Hitto like this.
  7. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

Haha lmao vegeta did strike gold with bulma

natnhnatnh likes this.
  8. Troels. L

Troels. L Fapstronaut

i'm 179.4 cm I have seen plenty of shorter guys having no problem seducing girls, Bob dylan, Al Pacino,Martin scorcese are all relatively short, all under 170. It did not hold them back from becoming an absolute massive go-getters

natnhnatnh likes this.
  9. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

5'6" guy here. I know it sucks but you cant really do anything about it.

natnhnatnh likes this.
  10. natnhnatnh

natnhnatnh Fapstronaut

Thanks for your answers guys!

Hitto likes this.