1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Abusive tendencies

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Born_For_War, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Born_For_War

Born_For_War Fapstronaut

Hi all, I notice I have destroyed my credibility on Facebook (I know, it's a waste of time anyway) by posting highly abusive, offensive and objectionable messages at the climax of fits of rage. I am concerned for my friends whom I have alienated, but should I really care? If so, why?

2. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

I would care in the same way if car if I made an ass of myself in public. Now, as to what to do to fix it? Get off FB for a while and when you finally return (if u do) don't act like an ass. People will forget. Your friends will forgive. And haters will hate.

Born_For_War likes this.
  3. Born_For_War

Born_For_War Fapstronaut

Thanks a bunch, I needed to hear exactly that. All the best with your NoFap challenge.

noonoon likes this.
  4. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

Sure. I recommend you delete all the evidence too. You don't want people bringing it up again. Also, after six months or so go by you can laugh about it and call it a "phase" or say you were "going through a difficult time". Bla bla bla

sev94 and Born_For_War like this.
  5. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

If u truly hurt someone, it would also do u good to apologize. That's a higher road than avoiding the issue

Born_For_War likes this.
  6. Born_For_War

Born_For_War Fapstronaut

Great, perfect. I can justify it in all sorts of ways. "The pressure from my work triggered me," or, "I was keeping bad company, who influenced me to lash out," etc. etc. :) I'm going to delete these posts and move on. I will not apologise under any circumstances.

Just added a post to my FB about OOP (Object-Oriented Programming), which is really interesting!

7. Born_For_War

Born_For_War Fapstronaut

Ok I fixed it. Only one person replied to my "triggered rant" and he said all's good and to let each to his own. I said I was feeling ok and relaxed now, etc. etc.

Thanks @noonoon! You've helped me overcome a problem in an area of my life that was worrying me a bit. Appreciate the kind help.