1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Rant: everyones getting married but you

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Kristen, Apr 15, 2017.

1. I guess nobody wants to accept the fact that 20s are adult hood, otherwise we wouldn't be feeling this biological need in the first place. If you try to fight against your own biology, you'll lose every single time. It's in the DNA after all. lol

2. Agitated.Critter

Agitated.Critter Fapstronaut

You might be interested in the Art of Manliness "don't waste your twenties" posts.
    Part 1, and Part 2.

Which mentions The Defining Decade as a source.
    I have ordered a physical copy, but it hasn't arrived yet, so I can't attest to its quality one way or another.

Matrix Intel likes this.
  3. Thankyou for the links! I'll check them out.

4. I like this excerp from the link you gave:
    "While that explanation of why milestones have been delayed has truth to it, there does in fact remain very compelling reasons for beginning to shape life’s most important elements while still in your twenties – and they don’t have anything to do with culture or economics. Rather, they’re biological, and thus timeless — they apply just as much to the 1950s as to today. Now we could delve into one aspect of biology as it concerns delayed adulthood – that of reproduction – as it isn’t just affected by age for the ladies; aging male sperm is thought to be responsible for mutations that lead to things like autism and schizophrenia. But we’ll cover that important topic another time."

Agitated.Critter likes this.
  5. For all I know, my brain could already be fully developed at 22, according to mentalhealthdaily: "Although brain development is subject to significant individual variation, most experts suggest that the brain is fully developed by age 25. For some people, brain development may be complete prior to age 25, while for others it may end after age 25. The mid-20s or “25” is just an average age given as checkpoint for when the brain has likely become mature."

Agitated.Critter likes this.
  6. I know the feeling. My Sister recently got married.
    Everyone has a boyfriend and girlfriend and it just gets to me, especially if it is someone I really like.

Matrix Intel likes this.
  7. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

I don't know that marriage is exactly something to covet.
    [​IMG]

8. Marriage may not be something to convet, but for the most part, those in relationships that say they "really wish they were single" can not go one day without their boyfriend or girlfriend. I've seen it plenty. Go ahead, tell us singles how lucky we are. Is it just me, or is there some irony in that? Who really has it hard? I beg to differ.

9. I think I'll make a quote out of that shit. lmao It's my patent. Oh but who cares, spread the word. lmao