1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Rant: everyones getting married but you

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Kristen, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Agitated.Critter

Agitated.Critter Fapstronaut

And cons.

Matrix Intel likes this.
  2. J247

J247 Fapstronaut

Which are?

3. Agitated.Critter

You'll be older, have changed along a different trajectory than if you hadn't waited, and you'll be settled into a career :)

Matrix Intel likes this.
  4. I agree, these people make us singles seem like we are some divine purpose or something, when the reality is that we got handed shit cards in life, nothing more, nothing less.

5. I look at it this way: Being single is like not having a car, or some other valued possession. Waiting out on this shit isn't going to help anyone, plain and simple.

6. J247

J247 Fapstronaut

Sounds like pros to me. Why do you think a lot of marriages end before their 30s? Because of financial difficulties, different goals in life, changing values, etc.
    When you're in your early 20s you're still figuring out life because you haven't experienced everything to develop viewpoints on things. Hopefully your views changed from when you were 15, and the same happens in your twenties too. By the time you're 30, you've experienced a lot this world has to offer, so you don't change that much.

FormerFapaholic likes this.
  7. I think you're taking it out of proportion. There are plenty of young people in their 20s with a solid financial structure, as well as a happy relationship. I've seen it myself. Just stop trying to sugar coat things to make us feel better, it only hurts us in the end by blinding us with lies. Trouble me no more.

8. J247

J247 Fapstronaut

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not... There are exceptions to this rule, but not a lot of people in their early 20s are making more than $20 an hour. I'm not sugar coating anything. I tell it how it is. It's no way to live if you're barely paying rent, and with kids costing like 300k or howvever much it is, it's not worth it to start a family when you can't provide for one.

9. I swear on my mom and dad's life I am not trolling. OK? You are making overgeneralizations, period. My grandparents got together at 16 freaking years of age, my current friend and 17 years of age, and I know plenty of couples with no kids that are doing just fine together, both financially and relationship wise. I know because I visit them once in a while. So don't tell me that we don't have it figured out in out 20s, some may not, but don't make generalizations and put us in the same category. Also, don't forget the 2008 recession which is responsible for kids not leaving the house til late 20s. You are not looking at the bigger picture bro, like real world examples.

10. It's a lot better to just accept the fact that we got handed shit cards in life and need to improve life from here on, not wait til we are 30 something years old or something. This is what I am getting at.

11. J247

J247 Fapstronaut

Our grandparents lived in a different lifetime. Even in the 60s dying from childbirth was a serious threat. So being young helped with that. Not to mention things were simpler back then. I would like to see where that couple is in 10 years. When you're young you don't worry like adults do. You feel like things bounce back, and it doesn't matter. Your prefrontal cortex doesn't fully develop until you're 25 or so, so you make rash decisions too. Why do you think the divorce rate increases if you're under the age of 25? That's not just my opinion, that's actually based on the population, so it's not a generalization, nor is it simply an opinion.

12. According to real world examples, it's a generalization. But you're right, life was very different back then, people got together at a younger age and did many things at a much younger age, due to a better economy, etc. Now, with this crapy economy, people live with their parent til 26 years of age, are single thoughout their 20s, etc. Do you honestly call this normal? Let's face it: Our generation has degraded drastically as a whole. Why the hell do you think suicide rates, especially males, are so much higher now than ever, as well as drug addiction? This is not normal and something has to change. It's not normal to wait til 30 to have sex or get in a relationship. It's not normal to still be living with your parents at 26. It's not normal to still be a virgin at 26. You get my drift? This generation is seriously f*&$# up and it needs to change. Those who are in happy relationships now should consider themselves lucky. We cannot let this generation go down the shit hole.

13. And you sitting here and telling 20 something year old people that this is all ok is PART of the freaking problem. Therefore, you are part of the problem.

14. PlasticBoy

PlasticBoy Fapstronaut

Man, you really are butthurt. Try using that energy next time you go to the gym.

15. J247

J247 Fapstronaut

I'm saying that people who get married at a young age don't know any better. I'm not saying it's not normal to wait till you're 30 to have sex or still live your parents either. There's just so much more to life than mooching off of others. I'll look forward to when you're older, and see things through a different lens. Only people that I know that got married at a young age chose the other person instead of furthering their career, which will most likely lead to financial difficulties later in their marriage. Again, there are exceptions. Also love the fact that you seem to be triggered by all of this, and are making assumptions that I think drugs and suicide are okay. Also love the fact that you think I'm talking about all relationships when I'm talking about marriage. Take a nap, I think you'll think clearer after that ;)

16. So you're saying that we should all just shack up and not wait until we're financially secure and end up in a whole bunch of debt and have babies at such a young age where you're brain isn't fully developed, where you wouldn't be able to take care of the baby properly? Nothing's wrong with losing your virginity in your thirties.

17. I don't need no nap, I'm perfectly fine. I just see things how they are and work on it from there.

18. Agitated.Critter

Divorce rates increase again after 30 (age mentioned being time of wedding).

Sure, said things have their positive sides as well. I wanted to point out they have negatives too, to provide a balanced view, since everyone was on the 'young and have your life ahead of you and twenties are just extended childhood'-wagon.

Matrix Intel likes this.
  19. Agitated.Critter

AFAIK, historically speaking - and talking about the world as a whole - multigenerational households have been the norm.

Matrix Intel likes this.
  20. Come to think of it, you're absolutely right, high divorce rates are found in all age brackets. Also, the "young and have your life ahead of you and twenties are just extended childhood" wagon you mentioned is the biggest trap ever. Thanks for pointing that trap out. It sure doesn't encourage young "kids" to improve their life, that's for sure.

Agitated.Critter likes this.