A New Beginning

Discussion in 'Women in Reboot' started by Newgirl, Aug 27, 2018.

1. newlife321

newlife321 New Fapstronaut

How did you reach to a point that you need some one external or a higher sourse to help you, it must be comming from lot of failures???when One realize that i am not alone capable tocome out of this mess!!!

Newgirl likes this.
  2. newlife321

newlife321 New Fapstronaut

Very nice lines :) just felt encouraged while reading your posts, thanks for sharing your struggle, and now also by reading your this post i just felt scared that if people with so much understanding like you still felt engaged into MO stuff, there might be some medical aspect to it too

Newgirl likes this.
  3. Newgirl

Newgirl Fapstronaut

Thanks for reading. I got trapped in M addictive behavior for lack of good judgment, ignorance and inability to handle stress in a productive way. I took the short cut and ended up lost in a dark forrest. Ditched the GPS wanting to do things my way. Thankfully I'm finally finding my way back home :)

4. Newgirl

Newgirl Fapstronaut

My Journey
    Day 57
    9-12-18

On Saturday I felt overwhelmed due to high levels of stress at home. Life at home is very difficult for me. I felt sad, scared and tired. I also had some strong urges. So I began to consider relapsing to escape my reality. My mind started to recall some M articles I had read and it made me feel like I wanted to Google them again. I feel embarrassed to say it but I even wanted to go ahead and plan a M session to run away from my problems. I have said it before that it's best to ignore the tempting thoughts or else it becomes almost impossible to say no to temptation but I was beginning to reject my own advice. It was a mental battle I had cos I already know M is not beneficial but I still wanted to do it. But then I remembered how much confidence I have gained by not giving in to it. How lite I feel knowing I have a guilt free conscience for not living a secret life anymore. I don't want to ruin my future sex life by taking care of business myself. I don't want to live such an exciting fantasy life that my future husband won't be able to compete with. So I got to thinking this has to stop right now if you keep entertaining those thoughts you're going to end up doing it and then regretting it big time. Then the same cycle begins again my body gets into the pattern of wanting it more and more. It becomes more difficult for me to start a good streak going again. After wasting my time thinking about it for a while I decided to come here for encouragement and I found it through good and positive messages from this awesome community. I thank God for this family and for helping me to resist. I also didn't go through with my relapse cos I feel very sad whenever I have to report a relapse. So if your feeling tempted reach out for help or just read uplifting stories and messages other members have posted. Thanks for reading. I hope all of you stay strong. :)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018 at 9:58 PM
  5. Freedom_lover

Freedom_lover Fapstronaut

My Journal
    It's admirable that you've been able to overcome your impulses, and more when you planned a session. Don't feel bad, I think maybe many of us have fallen into that situation, plan to do PMO. At least I've done it.
    But that you've been victorious shows that despite everything, you've a huge strength. Feel proud of the self-control you demonstrated and the value that it required to write about that.

I also think the same!
    I regret so much to have entered this world of PMO. I don't want to be intimate with my future partner and compare him to what I saw in P or be thinking that I feel much better doing MO alone. It wouldn't be fair to him.
    That's one of the many reasons why I am here.

You're doing a great job on this trip to your recovery. You're a great example and inspiration to me n_n
    Stay strong, positive and smile despite everything! :)

GSW9 and Newgirl like this.
  6. Solomon435

Solomon435 Fapstronaut

One of my favorite things about reading journals is when someone has an especially difficult day. Not because their day was difficult, but how they dealt with it and overcame their difficulties.

Much like how you handled today. NoFap is usually the last thing on my mind when I struggle with relapses, but from what I can tell from this post it'll definitely be worth the fight to come here when things get difficult. Great job! :)

aryan02 and Newgirl like this.
  7. Elias Smith

Elias Smith Fapstronaut

Well said NG. That was a good story, one I'll try to remember the next time I am in that position - which, as we all know, will come.

Newgirl likes this.
  8. Newgirl

Newgirl Fapstronaut

Thank you Freedom I appreciate your support and encouragement. Once I start considering to relapse it's almost impossible for me to resist but I've relapsed so many times before that I know far too well that it doesn't fix anything it only leaves me feeling empty and cheated. So I came back to my senses before it was too late and came here looking for motivation and it worked. :)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018 at 12:59 PM
    GSW9 and aryan02 like this.
  9. Newgirl

Newgirl Fapstronaut

Thanks for reading Solomon. I remembered that you used to say that you would sometimes hit the panic button during work and that it would help you stay committed. I didn't go for the panic button but for posts that have positive messages and I also found ones that gave me compliments from new members and that really helped. :)

10. aryan02

aryan02 Fapstronaut

Haha, I just discovered this journal. Feel stupid for not finding it before... BTW, you're doing great!

GSW9 and Newgirl like this.
  11. Newgirl

Newgirl Fapstronaut

Welcome to my journal! Thanks for stopping by :)