A New Beginning

Discussion in 'Women in Reboot' started by Newgirl, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Newgirl

Newgirl Fapstronaut

Thank you Matthew McCounaughey, I mean Goku :)

2. Freedom_lover

Freedom_lover Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Congratulations, New Girl! :)
    Self-control is essential for our recovery, every day we have to make use of it, just as you have done for 46 days.
    It's an awesome job.
    Stay strong and positive :)

3. GSW9

GSW9 Fapstronaut

Haha very funny ;)

4. Newgirl

Newgirl Fapstronaut

Thank you Freedom! You are so right; everyday!

5. Uh oh, it looks like you got another nickname...Goku McConaughey ;)

GSW9 likes this.
  6. Lapirata48

Lapirata48 Fapstronaut

Hi NewGirl. This is only the second time I've visited the ladies section and picked your thread because of the avatar name "NewGirl". That can have two meanings. You are new here or you are setting yourself on the path to discard the unwanted things of the old you and become a new you.

Just for the record, I'm a 52 year old married male, so you could be my daughter. I'm really impressed you are talking this on at age 23. Your story makes sense given the tidbits you've shared about your parents and their relationship. I think that's why my younger sister was always looking for a relationship in all the wrong places in high school.

I think your self-reflections are spot on and you've learned a lot at a young age that will save you heartache down the road. For whatever reason women can tend to marry someone a lot like their abusive fathers and you know this well. Save yourself for the right man. It's like a patient endurance. Your desires are pure. Give yourself a lot of grace. You don't need to feel sorry for anything about slippages. OK, I'm done with parent mode.

All the best. You aren't alone.

7. Retro Girl

Retro Girl Fapstronaut

My Journal
    I didn't know your day count so almost 50 days is a great achievement! I'm glad things are going so well in Reboot City! Yes, writing a journal I feel is a big part of the recovery process, not everyone does it, but I think if you take the time to do it, it strengthens your commitment and acts as a statement of intention.. words are more powerful than many people realise..

Keep on going, you'll be at 90 days before you know it.

All the best :)

8. Newgirl

Newgirl Fapstronaut

Thank you for your kind words. I did pick the name Newgirl for those two reasons that you mentioned, I became a member in the month of August. I do regret the mistakes I've made but since I can't undo them I'm learning from them. I'm lucky I was able to come to my senses before things got out of hand. :)

9. Newgirl

Newgirl Fapstronaut

Hey sis!
    Thanks for your encouraging words you have been an inspiration in this hard journey. I'm solely responsible for my choices but many times when I was feeling weak in my commitment I thought about you and how I was not alone how you were also saying NO to temptation and that was very encouraging. Happy for your great progress and thanks for stopping by :)

10. Retro Girl

Retro Girl Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Aww you're welcome :)

Yes it's good that we encourage each other. I'm sure you'll go far by keeping saying NO to temptation.. that's all we have to do.

Glad to have share this journey with you also!

Loveless-J.R.A, GSW9 and Newgirl like this.
  11. Sun_shine

Sun_shine Fapstronaut

Well done on coming this far .... I’ve found it very hard at this stage the half way mark and I relapsed twice .

Stay strong and motivated you’re doing great !! You can beat this ...

12. Newgirl

Newgirl Fapstronaut

Thank you Sunshine, I also relapsed last time I came close to 50 but I know it's a choice and we all can beat this addiction one step at a time :)

13. Loveless-J.R.A

Loveless-J.R.A Fapstronaut

Hey Newie... you have a journal too!

Boy I'm lost... :confused:
    Anyway hopeths progress is steady!

Newgirl likes this.
  14. Newgirl

Newgirl Fapstronaut

Thanks! Btw I just found yours :)

15. Solomon435

Solomon435 Fapstronaut

Oof, I haven't checked here in a while but now I've seen your new posts and I really like them. You're doing a real good job and I'm very proud that you've made it to...what, 50 days?

Wow, you're doing great, wish I had that will power. >.<

Keep it up! So proud of you!

Retro Girl and Newgirl like this.
  16. Newgirl

Newgirl Fapstronaut

Thank you my dear. You do have the will power it's just that finding the right strategy to make good use of it is not that easy, but I know your steak will grow in no time :)

17. Selene200

Selene200 Fapstronaut

I'm happy for you

18. Newgirl

Newgirl Fapstronaut

Thank you! :)

19. Lively gr of yesterday

Lively gr of yesterday Fapstronaut

dear you are definately not a bad example rather you are an example setter for newbies like me it motivates me alot dont fell bad about yourself just be motivated and believe that you can beat this devil well im from and india in our countrt there is festival dusshera which all about win over the evil just see pmo as evil / ravana of your life and believe that you will definiately win over it after all patience n hardwork is the key to success
    and always remember god gives most difficult obstacles only to its bravest soilders

Newgirl likes this.
  20. Newgirl

Newgirl Fapstronaut

Thank you, your words are very encouraging :)