1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A lot of free time

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ARezE, Jun 23, 2017.

1. ARezE

ARezE Fapstronaut

I'm a student and after finals I wanted to start self improvement. So one of the main ones was using nofap which I found out about in a youtube video. So long story short, now that I have all this free time (almost 24/7) I have no idea how to use it.

2. Eter

Eter Fapstronaut

I know how you feel bro because I'm also a student soon after finals so I have too much free time on my hands. In any case what I would recommend is just start doing what you like (for me it's reading books, watching series/films, playing video games - though you have to be careful with the last one because imo it's not really productive). That would be pretty much to take most of your time. Other things worth doing is trying to find a new hobby - it may be hard and you would probably lack motivation for many things but it's good to at least make an attempt at something for a few days to see how you feel about it. If you are an outdoor type (and you want to avoid PMO as much as you can) then go for walks, use your bike, hit the gym - I haven't really commited to these lately but I know from previous experience that they help with controlling your urges. If, however, you prefer to stay at home, then it may be more tricky but you can still maybe learn to do some useful things around your house. And one last thing - avoid boredom, tiredness, and stress - these three (actually having so much free time probably only the first one) are, in my humble opinion, your biggest enemies when it comes to giving in to the urge. The best way to avoid them is to head straight outdoors, after all I do not believe that there are many who would stoop to masturbation in public.
    Peace!

ARezE likes this.
  3. ARezE

ARezE Fapstronaut

Thanks. It was really helpful. I'm looking forward to reading and going to gym. But one thing about hobbies, Can you suggest any? It would be really helpful.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

4. Eter

Eter Fapstronaut

ARezE likes this.
  5. Greatkingrat

Greatkingrat Fapstronaut

Just read. Read anything you can.

ARezE likes this.
  6. ARezE

ARezE Fapstronaut

Thanks for advice. I will. But do you have any recommendations?
    Looking forward to your posts.
    ARezE

7. ARezE

ARezE Fapstronaut

Thanks . It was amazing. I found some of them intresting. I'll try them out today.
    I really appreciate your help.
    Looking forward to your posts.
    ARezE

8. Genji

Genji Guest

Focus on your school. DOn't distract yourself. Improvement can wait once you master your grades.

9. ARezE

ARezE Fapstronaut

Actually my school finished a few weeks ago and my summer vacation has started and that's why I'm trying to improve myself.
    Peace

10. Genji

Genji Guest

Ok, then I suggest you learn a new language, learn a music instrument and pick up a sport. After you've done that, you can play a video game or watch a tv show at the end of the day.

ARezE likes this.
  11. Eter

Eter Fapstronaut

I second Genji^ It's a good idea to use this reward technique (or whatever you call it). First you do something creative, then you can slack.

12. ARezE

ARezE Fapstronaut

Great ideas. Actually I have been implementing this technique myself by playing basketball and I'm going to buy a violin because I have been saving money for 2 or 3 months. And I'm trying to learn French as my fourth language (other three are Persian, English and a little bit Arabic). And I'll buy a game this week which will be entertaining for a long time.
    Thanks. Your post really helped me to make up my mind about these.
    Peace
    ARezE

Genji likes this.
  13. Genji

Genji Guest

Great. If you still have some time left, try volunteering somewhere. Nothing builds character faster.

ARezE likes this.
  14. ARezE

ARezE Fapstronaut

You're right. Thanks for supporting me in my journey.

15. Greatkingrat

Greatkingrat Fapstronaut

@ARezE 1984 by George Orwell is a book I think everybody should read. It has some great commentary about society. Also his other book Animal Farm is a great metaphor for the Soviet Union. The "Gone" series is also great. Every one older than 15 disappears and a dome forms around this town. Some kids get powers and everybody tried to survive. It's pretty good.