1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A guy told me he liked me a lot

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by green lion eating the sun, Jan 2, 2018.

1. I met this guy once about a week ago and we talked over a chocolate. we were supposed to go to an event together

btw at the end i didn't like a thing he said and i changed my mind so i didn't want to see him anymore even though i told him that in the nicest way possible and then i deleted his number and the chat on whatsapp i had with him

then today he texted me again asking me if he could take me to dinner. he wrote me then:
    "I liked you a lot, you were so lovely and I am just feeling I hurt you...so it is always on my mind..."

i replied i was sorry but i didn't feel the same. even if i didn't like him back i feel that he truly liked me, that he actually liked my personality and not just my body. it was a win for me

in every relationship i had with guys i always felt unlovable. last time a guy really liked me i was 19 and he was a classmate. I am a 26 year old girl now and i can see that i have been working on myself and guys can actually like me :emoji_grinning: i feel i am now interesting in the dating scene. before i felt i wasn't

when i was an addict i felt so confused, lost and empty, with no purpose in life, and waiting for a guy to love me instead of loving myself and fulfill myself especially in my career. i am glad about the improvements. more improvements on their way :emoji_muscle:

what do you guys think about this guy's words?

2. Sorav

Sorav New Fapstronaut

So if you deleted his number how did he text you back? You said you were sorry but you didn't feel the same? In a good way or bad way?

Any chance I can know what he said which you didn't like... interesting to know as a man, you know. And he probably feels like he made a mistake lo

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Asgardian36 and Knighthawk like this.
  3. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Sounds like a guy that can't maturely accept the fact that things didn't work out with you. You're not interested and he's reacting in an insecure and immature way.

4. HipPete

HipPete Fapstronaut

I think you know the answer, don't let our opinions sway you.

5. Did you talk over a hot chocolate or a chocolate candy bar?
    Anyways, it’s up to you to determine if what he said to you is a dealbreaker or not. We don’t know what he said. It’s good that you’re able to feel loved again, that’ll get better and better as time goes by.

6. IwillRestore

IwillRestore Fapstronaut

I think he probably feels lonely, and wanted to at least try to message you. As a guy, I think we owe it to ourselves to at least try and figure out what we did wrong. I think it's kind of what you are doing by asking us this question. You are trying to learn from it, and I guess he is doing the same. In terms of that text message he sent you. I think he was just trying to reconnect. As a guy, I think the hardest part about trying to find someone is it's so easy to say the wrong thing. Regardless, I'm glad your feeling better, and hope you find what the information your looking for.

ZelCikal and goodnice like this.
  7. Truegamer007

Truegamer007 Fapstronaut

I just read this article that I think might help: https://markmanson.net/fuck-yes
    If you're confused about this guy, I think you might have your answer. But you might want to try a date and see how it goes.

8. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Great story! LOL

9. I deleted his number but he still kept my number. i told him i was sorry because i didn't like him back. this post talks about the conversation i had with him and that pissed me off https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.p...-with-family-and-friends.147688/#post-1216164
    yeah it wasn't a big deal, he asked me then about my love life and i didn't want to talk about that. i realized he was interested to date me and i wasn't. btw he is 29 and i am 26

10. point is i didn't like him back. really, i had no interest in him. if you don't like someone, there is nothing to do about it. it is what it is. cannot force feelings

Truegamer007 likes this.
  11. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Ordinarily, this would be great advice however, given your situation I'd consider examining WHO you are meeting up with. You're failing before you start.

12. Just Rose

Just Rose Distinguished Fapstronaut

Congrats on improving yourself :) it is hard to realize someone you really like doesn't like you, so maybe that's why he's trying again. Just be really clear in that you are not interested, in a gentle but firm way. Nice story, it's really useful for me a 19 year old girl. Thanks for sharing :)

13. FormerFapaholic

FormerFapaholic Fapstronaut

Well, I think the guy should just accept that you said no to him and move on. I get the impression that he’s being pushy and not taking no for an answer.

As you don’t like him in that way and not have feelings for him. I think it’s clear that you don’t want a relationship with him. Don’t feel guilty about saying no, and be proud that you’re being true to yourself here as well as self improvement.