1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

--->90 DAYS NO SUGAR CHALLENGE<---

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Future role model, Apr 2, 2018.

How often do you eat sugary foods?

1. every day

62 vote(s)
    53.4%
  2. 2-5 times a week

32 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. once a week

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. few times a month

5 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. once a month

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
  6. almost never

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. Okay people I'm back! Ready to rock! I won't write about last few awful weeks, but I eventually got sick of them and decided to return to this amazing community! This is my day 0/90, wish me luck! :)

Duellant likes this.
  2. Mead123

Mead123 Fapstronaut

ok guys I´ll start again

Future role model likes this.
  3. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

I’m in day 1/90

4. I'm glad you guys are in. Today my dad made some pancakes, but I said NO! So this first day had been successful.

5. Duellant

Duellant Fapstronaut

I'm back for good.

I commit myself to:
    90 Days No Sugar Challenge - even if I fail occasionally I'll report and continue with this Challenge. A success rate of >60% would be a success already, 90 % and above would be amazing.

Day 0

6. Duellant

Duellant Fapstronaut

Day 1 finished.

no sugary sweets, no added sugar
    no fast food
    no caffeine
    no alcohol

7. I had a birthday party this Sunday so I ate some cake, but haven't ate any junk food since. So this is my day 3.

Duellant likes this.
  8. Duellant

Duellant Fapstronaut

@Dane17 Great to hear from you! The 90 Days still lay ahead of us. Let's do this!

Day 2 finished.

no sugar
    no fast food
    no coffee
    no alcohol

9. Duellant

Duellant Fapstronaut

Today I ate one muffin and drank one coffee at a special location. Why? Because this has become a ritual of mine and I thought it would help me today to get out of a depressive state of mind. It did. Sport would be better. Going swimming would be perfect (having terrible neck pain). But at least it helped a little bit: pushing my mood and energy.

No need to regret. As long as it is part of my course and not a deviation. Of course I want to quit that ritual but more importantly I need to change the root cause of that ritual. ... time will tell ...
    cu tomorrow!

10. My day 5! My friend was trying to make me eat ice cream with him but I resisted successfully.

Duellant likes this.
  11. Duellant

Duellant Fapstronaut

I'm feeling resistance comes gets a lot easier for me now. I rather see the benefits and laurels of abstaining than going in circles about the urges.

No sugar, coffee or alcohol today.

12. Today I kinda screwed up, but it wasn't that bad. My dad got some candies from Ukraine at his job, and everybody said that they are delicious. I saw an opportunity to taste something new, but I was still resisting it. At one point my dad told me-"Dude, just try it, it costs you nothing, and they are great." So I eventually tried them and they were really good. Took only few of them so it's not a big deal, but I still consider this as a relapse and this is my day 0 again. Still I don't regret it, it wasn't nearly as bad as it used to be.

13. Duellant

Duellant Fapstronaut

On the weekend I ate cake and drank coffee at my grandma's house. I decided in advance that I will make an exceptions here. However, retrospectively it got a little out of hand. Coffee was not a good idea. A few sips probably would be perfectly fine but I drank so much that it affected my mood, my digestion and made me squirrely. That is excactly why I don't want to drink it anymore. While I don't have those problems with black or green tea at all.

Cake could have been less too. The question is why don't I say nay? Even if this upsets my family a little and means that I have to watch them eat it. First I must except it myself of course then I can do the afford of telling them, either without explaining pretending it was no big deal but I just don't want to eat a piece of cake or explaining to them my motives which could result in great understanding and support. Moreover it can't be bad to have a discussion about these things from time to time. I don't want to bother other people and try to make them change their behaviour while my own behaviour isn't reasonable at all. But adressing that matter and even nudge other people without being arrogant or ignorant is a difficult task and can be to everybodies advantage.

14. Duellant

Duellant Fapstronaut

I see a contradiction here. You say it wasn't a big deal bc of this and that and I agree, in a way it's good that you don't begrudge it to yourself but rather see the experience and delight in a positive light.
    Nevertheless, when you really aim at 90 consecutive sugar-free days this is not the mindset that will get you there.
    Think about it.

I'm stuck in this discrepancy myself. Or probably more than you.
    But it helps to think about it and write it down. I need to look at the bigger picture. An extreme policy of abstinence is not what I need. I need to learn to handle a lot of different situations in a better way than before. It's crucial that learning is taking place not just seeing, regretting and repeating it all over. That means it is all fluent, I must be flexible, creative and I can't predict the results. But this set is as vague as these words might sound. It will all be vague and without a direction as long as I don't make clear decisions and goals. And more than that. I should use pictures that guide me, show me where I want to go, what I want to be.

I've shortened this post. If you like to read my thoughts about thoughts inspired by James Allen - you can find it here.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  15. Yeah I agree with you, but I'm actually not so sure if I need to this challenge anymore. I started this threat when I was depressed and I was using sugars to make it easier for me. Now this time is gone. I cannot remember when I broke my fast with junk food last time. I'm still having some thought about it sometimes, last few days I even got some candies and started smelling them, but when I asked myself-"Do I really want this? Will this actually make me happy?" I knew the answer because of my past experiences. Earlier every time I screwed up with my diet, I made sure it gets disastrous, to the point when I was spending big amounts of money for the junk food and I was getting so much sugar in my body, and I was always thinking- today is my "cheat day" so I should use it maximally, eat as much crap as I can and than tomorrow I'll start eating clean again. And it was a wrong approach. Now I don't have that much of a need for sugars, I didn't felt a need to eat those candies, it was more of a pressure from my family. But I still didn't made it even worse by trying to maximize the use of my "cheat day" and eat more crap. I just said-"whatever, it's not a big deal" and I think it kinda helped me. I don't feel the need to go 90 days without sugars in order to break the habit and get free, because I think I'm already free from that crap. I had another motive to eat it, and it was trying something new. Those candies are from Ukraine, so it was unique chance to experience something new, and I know Ukrainian candies aren't a big deal, but for me it is, because I've never traveled outside my country.

I really want to try new things. For example, if I ever go to Italy, of course I'll try their pizza, it's a unique experience to try a best pizza in the world. If I ever go to Japan I'll try their sushi for sure, or I'll try kebab in Turkey. You know what I mean, even thought those candies weren't Ukrainian specialty, I still don't regret trying them at all. I'm still doing this challenge in order to get backup motivation, but I actually don't think I need this that much, because I feel like a free man. :)

Today is a day 3 for me.

16. Duellant

Duellant Fapstronaut

Thanks for your answer. I'm glad to hear that! You have a good amount of self-discipline and you live exceptionally healthy. At the same time you allow yourself those pleasures without beating up yourself or getting neurotic.
    There's absolutely nothing wrong about that!
    But in what way do you want to continue this Challenge? What is your goal and your motivation?

I myself will count the days where I eat no sugar. And post it here soon. By the way, when 90 consecutive days of zero sugar isn't going to happen because of life, maybe it's better for motivation and contentment when you measure the percentage. Then you can set realistic goals and be proud of - for example - 85 % of sugar free days in a certain period of time. Just sayin ;)

17. I think my biggest motivation to continue this challenge is motivating other people. I don't want to leave you alone on this journey, and I hope somebody else will join us. I like the idea about percentages, but I think that there is still chance for reaching 90 consecutive days, in the past I've easily gone for 6 months and more. I don't think there will be more opportunities for me to try something new or some celebrations where I'll have to eat cake in the next few months, so I'll stick to this way of completing challenge. Even tho I fail sometimes it's still fun to see on average how many days I'm eating clean before having a "cheat meal". I really haven't felt any urges to eat junk food for a long time, last few times I did it was because of pressure from outside. Thoughts of doing it still appear sometimes, but I simply shut them off.

Duellant likes this.
  18. Duellant

Duellant Fapstronaut

I'm using Jokers now for a "cheat meal". 4 Jokers for 30 days. The same with coffee. The Joker is a card. When using it, I tear it up.

19. Wow that's so interesting approach, never heard for anything like that. I'm still not sure for what I can use it, but I'll try to incorporate it because I really like it. :)

Duellant likes this.