1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

--->90 DAYS NO SUGAR CHALLENGE<---

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Future role model, Apr 2, 2018.

How often do you eat sugary foods?

1. every day

62 vote(s)
    53.4%
  2. 2-5 times a week

32 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. once a week

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. few times a month

5 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. once a month

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
  6. almost never

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. 52/90 - no sugar, no alcohol, no crisps.
    2/30 - no bread

Future role model and Barnabas_ like this.
  2. 1/10
    no coffee, no fast food, no alcohol

3. 53/90 - no sugar, no alcohol, no crisps.
    3/30 - no bread

Now I'm going to celebrate my one year reboot with some exercise!

Future role model likes this.
  4. I want to report another reset for today. But it's not so bad. Like I said before, my eating habits has improved lately. Thanks to this thread I guess. Or maybe it's because of the longterm effort to improve it.
    I'm sure that as soon as I get my stuff together I'll rocking this Challenge too!

One factor that gives me urges for sugary food might be that my body wants (concentrated?) energy. Today I had an urge for KitKat and I bought it but then I realized that I actually urged KitKats filled with peanut butter and then I realized that peanut butter alone would be great too. It seems this wasn't just an urge for sugar but also for fat. I'm not sure if I should give my body more of certain foods or if I just should eat more of everything. Actually I don't think that my diet lacks fat in particular. So I should probably eat more slow carbs - like with regular meals. And also healthy fast carbs when my body needs it - bananas for example.
    Then probably more protein. My diet is nearly vegetarian and also not very much dairy products. I don't know if all the nuts and grain I eat compensate that, so I think I should definitely eat more beans and lentils and what not.
    Oh boy! :D

@Force Majeure you have surpassed the 50, very good!
    @Barnabas you're going strong!

5. 54/90 - no sugar, no alcohol, no crisps.
    4/30 - no bread

I word of comment though: I still eat some sugar. My wife usually bakes something during the weekends and I don't want to miss out. This is according to my rule set however - I am allowed to eat sugar when my wife bakes something. So I eat something sweet at maximum once a week. She always cuts down on sugar quite much and makes a special piece for me with less sugar if possible. So when I say "no sugar", the exact rule is actually "no sugar except for my wife's cakes". This should be a minor thing however but I just want to be clear.

Regarding my diet in general, I am approaching the keto diet quite much. I have a high protein and high fat intake with lots of vegetables. Feels good!

@icebreaker polarstern Thank you and nice to hear about your progress!

Barnabas_ likes this.
  6. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

Ended streak yesterday at day 6 (before when trying it for the first time I ended at the day 3).
    Guests came to visit us and it was much harder to resist tempation and not to eat sweats.

Don't give up :) Today: day 1 again.

7. I'm making good progress. Now 13 days completed, so today I get two weeks completed. And that I'm going to celebrate with a large box of ice cream...

Ha! No way!

Barnabas_ and Force Majeure like this.
  8. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

9. 55/90 - no sugar, no alcohol, no crisps.
    5/30 - no bread

I already miss bread a lot. I can admit that I’m a big bread junkie... 25 days more feels distant! Looking forward to know how it feels like after three weeks total, that’s usually when I start to see the benefits of any challenge.

10. Day 14. Making it 30 is now my next main goal.

On the first days of this challenge I was trying to use other eating as well as a way to control my emotions. It has been getting better. Now I don't feel a craving for a snack in the same way.

Barnabas_ and Force Majeure like this.
  11. 56/90 - no sugar, no alcohol, no crisps.
    6/30 - no bread

Barnabas_ likes this.
  12. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

No sugar - day 3
    No watching news - day 16

Force Majeure likes this.
  13. 15

You know, if you were not in this challenge, you would have to decide all the time whether you're going to buy some sweets today or not. It would take a lot of willpower just for nothing.

14. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

No sugar - day 4
    No watching news - day 17

15. 57/90 - no sugar, no alcohol, no crisps.
    7/30 - no bread

So my wife isn't actually my wife, she is my fiancé and we're going to get married in June. We're soon going to our honey moon with free drinks, desserts and so on... and guess what? I am still going to be in this challenge during that time. That's going to be a test of my self-discipline...

I actually hesitated about whether I should continue this challenge or not because if I can't complete it anyway, what's the point in continuing? Well, that were my thoughts yesterday at least. Then after listening to a motivational speech, I realised the challenges we're doing here on NoFap aren't what one thinks they are about. This challenge isn't about food or sugar. The no screen challenge has nothing to do with screens. The flying starts has nothing to do with waking up early. All the no pmo-challenges has nothing to do with pmo! No, all these challenges has to do with only one thing: taking control over your own mind. They make it possible for you to grow stronger in the sense that you commit to do something and then it is up to you to hold your own promise. The challenges helps you to redesign your own operating system... the more challenge you take and succeed with, the more you can hold your own promises and the harder challenges you can take. Everything is about self-control.

I am not going to fail this challenge just because I'm going on a honeymoon. I've already committed to take this challenge and so I will do whatever it takes to complete it. I see no other option because what would happen if I would cut it short? The risk is that I start to cut other challenges short as well and I won't allow that to happen. That can't happen. It's exactly now I have to hold up my guard and grow stronger.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2019
    Barnabas_ likes this.
  16. Congratulations, Force Majeure!

17. Congrats @Rising Force !
    @Barnabas 6 days practically without sugar - great! How do you feel?
    @Force Majeure sounds great! but don't forget about the others. Have a lovely Honey Moon!

Thank you guys for inspiring me here on a daily basis!!

18. OK Computer, I have re-started the strict no sugar diet. 0/10

Also I want to test out intervall fasting. I'll fast between 18 and 24 hours once every week. Preferably on Sunday.

That's true. Nice way to look at it!

I read about the keto diet. If I understand it correctly it's for people that wish to loose weight. But I'm a lean guy who never runs to fat. However my nutrition is not very far from keto. I eat rarely bread for example. But I don't like the idea at all to remove healthy carb sources like potatoes or rice from my menu. Also my diet is nearly vegetarian. I like the idea though to eat more veggies. I tend to eat fruits all the time. Even when I make mush I often cook it with fruits (and nuts). Veggies just don't turn me on.

19. 16

I ate some frozen peas slightly melted, and boy, did they taste good.

icebreaker polarstern likes this.