1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

90 Days Hardmode No PMO - Reflection

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Derpatologist, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Derpatologist

Derpatologist Fapstronaut

Hello everyone all of you amazing inspiring people of NoFap, I would like to share today that I have officially "rebooted" today at 90 days of Hardmode no PMO. I would like to start off by saying that I like anyone else got into this addiction through the wonders of the internet and was consumed by it until I've noticed that at some point it has destroyed my life. A little background of me is that I'm still in my college years and young but I would like to take my reflection on this thread.

CHANGES

Greater sense of Happiness
    When I was no longer bound by the temporary pleasure and instant gratification that this addiction had on me. I started to seek true happiness in my life, a lasting happiness that would transform your life where you don't need to take a vacation from. A life where you enjoy every second, minute and hour of living. A life of true joy and peace, this was one of the things that changed me and surely life doesn't transform right away, I have to do the necessary steps for that life and still in pursuit of it.

Greater concentration
    There were lesser distractions. I found that by quitting I could put more focus into any activity with concrete and uninterrupted concentration and focus.

Sense of purpose in life
    I have realized along the way that I treated PMO as an escape from my life and when I was consumed by it I had very little interest in living and was like a person going with no purpose. NoFap turned my life around and I started to find a renewed interest in the things that I wanted to do and found myself again following my passions, dreams, ambitions, etc.

Willpower, Discipline, Self-control and Determination
    NoFap has taught me these important values that when we come face to face with any situation we must learn to act accordingly and find a way out of our urges and triggers. During my journey there were a number of times I had to apply these values to beat the urges and gain control over myself. In any tough situation I had to push through no matter what, no rest for the weary with indomitable will and determination all for the pursuit of my life. I have gained a greater sense of these values and I feel like I can be determined to do anything I want.

More time
    The addiction has readily taken so much of my time and looking back I had wasted so much time, it was a regretful past. The greatest benefit in this is that I get more time in this world, I get to spend my time doing productive things and learning anything that I was interested in, It is a great benefit as I am in College.

Feelings of Love
    I felt like a child again, reminiscing those moments of pure happiness and being filled with love. Filled with so much purity that I felt like everyone deserved happiness
    for themselves and anyone is truly deserving of that feeling despite who they were. I became more sincere, patient, understanding and less irritable of those around me.

THINGS THAT HAVE HELPED ME ALONG THE WAY:

Apply lifestyle changes
    I was stuck in that phase like everyone else was, couldn't get past one or two weeks with my highest being 21 days at the time, then relapse, binge and binge, etc.
    Going through all of this was also a result of the life that I was living, So I started to apply healthy habits such as taking a Cold shower, meditating everyday, and doing productive things, avoiding procrastination and idleness most of the time.

Changing Mindset
    You must change your mindset and renew your mind into a mindset that knows how to defend against urges and triggers. You must be more aware of what can trigger you and understanding your own triggers is a great key to avoid being in a tough situation. Also one thing is that every web blocker is bypassable by any means and the most important thing I've learned is that the best blocker is your mindset.

Accountability Group and partners
    A helpful and supportive community is truly helpful in your reboot as you won't feel that you are alone in the struggle and that everyone else is struggling alongside you but you are still continuing to push along with them. Others will pass wisdom and experience that will truly help you in your journey.

Realize your own resolve and purpose in abstinence
    You must understand and delve deep into yourself into your own reason for abstinence. You must be truly convinced and have a goal behind your abstinence and what is your resolve for it because this will truly carry you through the tough situations and at the brink of giving up, this will be the one thing that will stand and shed light into your situation.

QUOTES

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new"
    -Socrates

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal tested"

"Suffer the pain of discipline or the pain of regret"

"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations"
    -
    Zig Ziglar

"It's time to start living the life you've only imagined"
    -
    Brian Tracy

"It always seems impossible until it's done"
    -Nelson Mandela

"the difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination"
    -
    Tommy Lasorda

"Wake up with determination, go to bed with satisfaction"

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried"
    -Stephen McCranie

"Watch your thoughts, they become words, watch your words, they become actions, watch your actions for they become habits"
    -Mahatma Gandhi

Conclusion
    90 days was my initial goal at first. Now that I've reached it I don't want to stop now and I will now have a goal to reboot for a whole year.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  2. Very realistic results and achievements, congrats bro!

3. What a beautiful thing. Hahaha. I appreciate the hardwork man

4. msfreedom

msfreedom Fapstronaut

Thanks for your story! I aim to achieve this. I'm on day 3 now..

5. Thank you thank you thank you. You do not understand how badly I needed this post. I do have one concern: mindset. What tricks did you use to change your mindset? Thanks.

6. Son of shiva

Son of shiva Fapstronaut

7. Derpatologist

Meditation everyday is really helpful and also AVOID triggering content at all costs. Discipline is key to changing a mindset, I am currently setting another counter for myself where I don't come across or search for triggering content, I am using Sober time app for that and it truly helps your mindset. There is no problem with using a blocker and apparently it really helps in your recovery but be sure to 100% never attempt or think of bypassing it.

8. I strongly support your opinion. Meditation really works...

Derpatologist likes this.
  9. Thanks guys. But how do you actually meditate? Thanks.

10. corado

corado Fapstronaut

Hardmode?
    Are you Single no girlfriend?

Bman101 likes this.
  11. Derpatologist

Yes I am :)

12. SensualLettuce

SensualLettuce Fapstronaut