1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

90 Day Mood Chart

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Iamworthit, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Iamworthit

Iamworthit Fapstronaut

Hey Fapstronauts!

So, as part of a project that I'm working on to document and disseminate the truth of a 90-day recovery program (what really happens in the brain and body and lifeworld of a person in recovery), I created a mood chart of my last 90 day journey, generated via daily audio logs for each day in the saga. I relapsed after 197 days, but for all of those who are struggling to get past Week 1 or Week 2 or whatever, I thought this chart might provide some solace.

The chart can be found below:

https://imgur.com/a/rqaqx

The chart is broken down into 10-day segments, with each point on the plots representing a value from 1-10, with 1 being absolutely depressed/filled with urges to act out, and 10 being absolutely happy/with no urges whatsoever. Notice the trend of these lines of best fit, however. Things get worse as the brain repairs itself, but then things get better.

Hopefully you all find this useful in your individual journeys. It may not be accurate for you, but that's how it was for me.

Keep coming back! Cheers!

2. Jocker

Jocker Fapstronaut

Thank you for you're hard work in making that mood chart appreciate it. :)

3. Toomuchh

Toomuchh Fapstronaut

wow this is really cool, did you have data after 90 days and when did it level out for you?

4. Iamworthit

Iamworthit Fapstronaut

Unfortunately, I don't have data for post-90 days, but I know it did level out in months 4 and 5.

5. Iamworthit

Iamworthit Fapstronaut

Glad you liked it and I hope it helps!

6. abouttime19

abouttime19 Fapstronaut

My threshold is currently at 7 days. on the 7th or after, my urge fires up.
    I have nothing to do in the weekend but study since I'm a pre-med student.
    Lonely, I'm tempted so easily.
    Any tips?

7. theoptimist

theoptimist Fapstronaut

Well, i would recommend cold showers, go out with your friends (even thought you don't feel you want to).

I am writing you this and i am saying this to myself: Stay away from social media, Youtube or any unknown movie that might have a triggering scene.

Keeping reminding yourself with the advantages that you will gain in the future.

Stay strong & best Regards,
    A.

abouttime19 and Reborn16 like this.
  8. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

That's a great well set out chart. Gives an impression of how it's ups and downs but eventually should go up overall! Some will take longer but still. I saved the pic for inspiration :)

9. Iamworthit

Iamworthit Fapstronaut

Glad it helps! It's true: it won't be the exact same for everyone, and there were definitely some good days interlaced with the bad.

Reborn16 likes this.
  10. Iamworthit

Iamworthit Fapstronaut

Call somebody if you can. Otherwise cold showers help, or doing strenuous exercise if you're able. Alternatively, I'm feeling some urges right now so I came on this site!

Reborn16 likes this.
  11. Ingeniusthinker

Ingeniusthinker Fapstronaut

I am following the same thing... Mostly I feel urge at bed just before sleeping. and other than this time, I never fap. Now, whenever i feel urge, i visit this site and read some success stories. and it works great.

Last time, I relapsed after 27 days.. This time, its definitely gonna be 90+ days at least.

12. Iamworthit

Iamworthit Fapstronaut

I'm rooting for you! I found that settling small milestone goals along the way to 90 really helps. =)

13. Thanks so much for this! I should do a chart to!

I am entering into my 11th day and I'm starting to feel very lonely, worried and depressed. I see you went through that phase at about the same time.

14. Iamworthit

Iamworthit Fapstronaut

"The trap of desire is believing that the world is a utopia that we are somehow excluded from." - Slavoj Zizek

You're here among friends and supporters, and that's what matters most. You're part of this. We are going where you are going. Your success is ours too. Remember that. Keep fighting those urges. Every second you abstain is another second you've wrested for yourself, for your future.

Optimum Fortitude likes this.
  15. Thanks for your post. It uplifted me in a way you cannot imagine. I really was feeling like crap.

I'm actually going to write your post down and stamp it on my wall.

Reborn16 likes this.
  16. Iamworthit

Iamworthit Fapstronaut

Stay strong my friend. Keep coming back.