1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

7 Day Push-up Challenge

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Will_power_now, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Will_power_now

Will_power_now Fapstronaut

Hey guys,

today I'm starting a challenge for myself. Everybody is welcome to join.
    The goal is to do 100 Push-ups everyday from today until next sunday. It's not important how many sets you need to reach the 100, just reach 100 throughout the whole day.

I'll start today and as soon as I got the 100, I'll post it.
    :emoji_muscle:

2. Will_power_now

23.04.2017 - 100 Push-ups accomplished :emoji_heavy_check_mark:

rexsuccess, lantti, laris and 2 others like this.
  3. Constantine Bold

Constantine Bold Fapstronaut

Sure, why not? I'm in. Be right back...

I've done 50 push-ups in the first round, 20 in the 2nd round and 30 in the 3rd round.
    Took me around 10 minutes with resting included.

Wasn't easy because I haven't done any physical trainings in the past months because of college.
    But still done it!

Till tomorrow!

4. laris

laris Fapstronaut

Almost three years ago I started bodyweight workout! Since than I have been working out almost everyday! I prefer so much push ups! Three times per week I do approximately 400 push ups military style each session! If done correctly the result is amazing but you have to be patient! Its also good way to reduce stress!

5. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

This is a bad idea. You need rest days in-between or you are just going to tear your muscles and not give them a chance to recover. Also it depends on level of physical fitness, but you should build it up gradually.

6. Will_power_now

This is a good point, which I didn't think of! Thank you! Since I really want to complete this challenge, I would suggest that if somebody (including myself) feels heavy muscle ache, it's possible to do 100 sit-ups instead of push-ups on that particular day.

7. Will_power_now

Day 2 - done :emoji_heavy_check_mark:

Like stygion mentioned the muscle needs a chance to recover. Today I felt muscle ache after the 100 push-ups yesterday, so I did 75 situps + 25 pushups.

Lucky1 likes this.
  8. Will_power_now

Day 3 - done :emoji_heavy_check_mark:

65 Pushups + 35 Situps

Constantine Bold likes this.
  9. Change it from 7 days to 90 days.
    Take a photo each day before and after the workout and see the journey at the end of 90(or however long you plan to stick with it).
    It will inspire you to keep on going.

10. Will_power_now

Day 4 - done :emoji_heavy_check_mark:

100 Push ups

11. My Drill Sergeants didn't think so.

12. Will_power_now

Day 5 - done :emoji_heavy_check_mark:

100 Push ups

13. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

Can you provide more detail. Number of push-ups, number and frequency of rest days, baseline level of fitness. It is commonly accepted that rest days are necessary to allow muscle re-building, including among experts.

14. Nothing that would make number obsessed fitness nerds happy. The only routine workout was in the early mornings where we would do the standard baseline Army Physical Fitness routine which is pretty lame, but the Drill Sergeants would often mix in weird pushups or higher reps. After which we would go run for a few miles (I really don't know how many, as the Drill Sergeants often appeared to lie about the distance, but I am sure it would usually be two to three miles with a five mile run mixed in sometimes). The distance run would be alternated with HITT training done as sprints around a track. This was every other day. So, everyday, except Sunday we had morning workouts. But, that's just the mornings. Remember, in today's Army, the Drill Sergeants punish by forcing you to do pushups or squats or whatever.

So, at any moment, on any day, we could be dropped to do an endless, indeterminate amount of pushups. This pretty well happened all the time. We've even been dropped in the middle of an exhausting run to do pushups and then keep running. And yes, you would see someone get dropped and struggle to do pushups, DS: "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!? YOU CAN'T DO PUSHUPS??!?!?!?!" "Muscle-failure, Drill Sergeant." "NO SUCH THING! KEEP PUSHING!!!"
    People of all fitness levels somehow get into the Army. So, there were some fatties along with track stars and everyone in between. There were also people abusing the medical Get-Out-of-PT-Free cards when the slightest thing was wrong with them. I was having knee pain and went to the doctor. He told me that it was from running all the time when body wasn't used to running. He gave me the card so I wouldn't have to run anymore. I threw it in the trash and told the Drill Sergeants nothing was wrong with me. See, if I failed the PT test's run, I would be stuck there for another three months. Too, if it's just from my body not being used to running, well guess what? I better get used to it. I started running every night as well as the mornings. Guess what? The knee pain went away after a few weeks.

I wish I could tell you how intense the punishment sessions were. They would go on as long as the Drill Sergeant wanted it to and we would be doing anything from pushups to grass drills. The only numbers I can give is when me and other were specifically dropped to do 2000 cumulative pushups where I and others did over 300 pushups (it was a unique moment. Like I said, normally they don't tell you how much or how long.)
    I never had muscle soreness in BCT. Even today, I train six days a week doing highly intensive calisthenics. My body is used to it. The only time I get sore is if I do something drastically different.

15. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Wow, you sound like a tough Army Soldier.

16. soumyajit

soumyajit Fapstronaut

Pushups are the most versatile exercise you could ever do for your core and upper body.
    it does not just strengthen your chest muscle, but simultaneously its strengthening your core, biceps, triceps, deltoids, back and whole body.It’s obvious with the increase of metabolism you will be able to boost your body to shed all that extra fat.

Deleted Account likes this.
  17. If that's what you take away from this.

Runtilmylegsdropoff likes this.
  18. Will_power_now

Day 6 - done :emoji_heavy_check_mark:

100 Push ups

Javon3000 likes this.
  19. Javon3000

Javon3000 Fapstronaut

20. TEShero

TEShero Fapstronaut

I'm in - One week.

Will_power_now likes this.