1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

60 Days

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Andre2807, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Andre2807

Andre2807 Fapstronaut

Reached 60 days of noFap.

I can scarce believe it, but I did it.

How did I do it?
    Habits.
    Hobbies.
    Hats.

Habits - Good habits replaced the bad ones. I don't allow myself to be up after 21:30. I quit gaming. I'm reading a whole lot more, various books at that.

Hobbies - I started a cooking course, attempt at making guitar compositions and read as much as I can - especially after reading this:

"After school, the only knowledge you truly gain are from the books you read and the people you meet"

Hats - Hats has nothing to do with it. Just wanted to throw in another "H" word.

Will it work for me?
    Habits build routine. Routine builds discipline. Discipline = Self-Control. Self-Control = Successful NoFap Reboot.

BUT... Discipline is boring. Boredom is cured by mainly two things: Learning new stuff (reading/online courses/Ted Talks) and hobbies (both social hobbies and one-man hobbies)

Essentially you need DISCIPLINE and a cure for BOREDOM.

It worked for me, so it might or might not work for you.

What did I learn?
    Fapping is a habit. Especially for those who seek help, advice and want to change - thereby coming to the NoFap forums.

If fapping is a habit... then it is NOT a decision. It's automatic. There's a cue that starts the behaviour... and a reward for the behaviour. The reward further reinforces the behaviour. - The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg

I've learned that changing the cue (or 'trigger') which starts the behaviour in the place, would be the best way to kill the habit.

And I did kill the habit.

PMO is a habit.

Kill the triggers.

Kill it with FIRE!

2. The final step

The final step Fapstronaut

Congratulations on reaching 60 days. That's a huge milestone! Didn't only reach 60 days but you also inspired me to read a book i've been procrasinating on. I'll start Reading the second i've posted this reply. Hope for the best for you.
    Good luck on your nofap journey.

Eamonn and Andre2807 like this.
  3. adept

adept Fapstronaut

Inspiring! congratulations on reaching 60 days-and-going, and thank you for sharing the great tips.
    I was just thinking, how difficult is it to kill an old habit? An old habit that's been established for 12-15 years? Is it even possible?

Andre2807 likes this.
  4. Andre2807

Andre2807 Fapstronaut

It's definitely possible, but it is difficult.

I would recommend reading: The Power of Habit - Charles Duhigg. The book explains the scientific mechanics of a habit, how they start and how to break them. The author also explains how a series of good habits forms a good routine, and how routines enabled Michael Phelps to win all his Olympic gold medals.

It's a brilliant book.

I believe above all, that it's our habits - the things we do on a daily basis, that determines our direction in life. If we don't like the direction we're heading... we don't need new goals. We need to change our habits.

adept and Eamonn like this.
  5. IamRick

IamRick Fapstronaut

Love your post, congratulations man

Andre2807 likes this.
  6. perseverence24

perseverence24 Fapstronaut

Congrats on making it 60 days, and thanks giving all of us some advice and motivation for the day. Keep going and keep striving for more.

Andre2807 likes this.
  7. MindfulAchilles

MindfulAchilles Fapstronaut

Exactly! Keeping yourself hoping into new things does completely take over, and it takes your brain away from it all. Awesome results man!

Andre2807 likes this.
  8. fascinating mate!!
    Congrats!!

Andre2807 likes this.
  9. adept

adept Fapstronaut

Thank you so much for the recommendation, I really appreciate it @Andre2807 . I know it must've something to do with our habit.
    I've ordered the book online and expecting tomorrow. Thank you.

Andre2807 likes this.
  10. snowwolf0111

snowwolf0111 Fapstronaut

congratz man, 60 days ! well done. Hope I can tell the same when time is there..

Andre2807 likes this.
  11. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Congratulations ! Keep It Going !

12. theends

theends Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Amazing... I await the day I reach a 30-day streak. This time I'll make it for sure... I have a plan in place and I'm going to give it everything.