1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

51 days of abstinence but I need to keep walking

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by max9292, Feb 18, 2017.

1. max9292

max9292 Fapstronaut

Hi everyone,
    It is 51 days without PMO. Thinking about that, it seems a lot, never happened in my life. In these days I did an exam at university and it went great :) . Maybe it is the second time in my life I do an exam in abstinence and the sensation was to fell a normal person as my friends. Many are the positive things in this process of reboot, it is as if after a blackout of more than ten years of masturbation I’m coming to build my life. Perhaps this one is the biggest result I saw in this process.

Anyway, there are moments of depression, where I am in group with others and it is as if my brain were turned off. There are moments where I fell inppropriate, insicure, without self esteem but then I return to think where I was when I started nofap and I was very bad, surely worse than now.

There are days where I see my life grey and days where I see my life radiantly and at least for today I have no intention to masturbate.

I remember when I masturbated every day and the only thing I could do was to stay in bed , to cry on myself in the darkness respect to now where I do many things (training in gym, reading books, watching movies, going out with friends), at least I try to be with others, I try to find a girlfriend, maybe I’m not able but better now than 51 days ago.

The fact is I don’t have to be so needy with myself, I come from years where I bombarded my brain with those things and I am even introverse, shy, closed, I need to go ahead step by step and if there are grey days I need to think tomorrow the sun will rise again in my life. #NeverGiveUp.

max

PMO addict, Puny, cgwbfimh and 6 others like this.
  2. Tested

Tested Fapstronaut

Hey great work friend. Keep it going! I am day 19, but with at least two six month spells of being sober, before breaking down. But this one is going ok, N F helping. If you want an accountability partner, let me know.

max9292 and Pepper M. like this.
  3. waterworld

waterworld Fapstronaut

Hey 51 days is a major achievement. I should know I'm 9 days behind you and its a big deal for me. I don't ever want to go back to MO/PMO.

max9292 likes this.
  4. Wooden Buddha

Wooden Buddha Fapstronaut

I'm on day 47 of my first ever reboot and I'm about to explode (like my avatar picture). I was ready to explode yesterday but held on through sheer willpower. But I was utterly depressed, and am so tonight (with the bonus of a bad headache). I can feel myself bursting at the cracks of my paper-thin walls. With no girlfriend, or even a friend with benefits, to help relieve the pressure valve, I am finding this to be too much torture for one man to take.

max9292 likes this.
  5. waterworld

waterworld Fapstronaut

I dunno but I'd guess that pressure is in your head Wooden Buddha. If release were a physical nessesity your body would arrange that in your sleep. But if you think you have to release your obsesseive mind would cause you great discomfort. Your mind plays tricks on you basicly....

Deleted Account and max9292 like this.
  6. Tested

Tested Fapstronaut

Yep the body is screaming for dopamine. If you want to change for good you (and us all) have to rewire our brains so that we do not want hyper arousal which is a v quick dopamine hit, but can never be enough. For us addicts, one drop is too much, an ocean full not enough. Consider looking for an actual woman? Dating app? The problem is not relationships with women, it is our objectification of them, and lack of maturity in managing our sexuality - myself v much guilty.

Deleted Account and hope4now like this.
  7. max9292

max9292 Fapstronaut

thankyou guys very much to write me. It is so important we discuss about our experience whether positive or negative to proceed in this process of rebooting. @Tested I don’t know what is precisely an “accountability partner”, sorry for my english, anyway if you mean to share experiences I agree. @waterworld I know how you feel. today I am at day 54. there are days where I would like to masturbate, to see all those things. I cannot negate I like those things and this fact tormented me for years. Masturbation for me was a way to fill an inner emptiness, maybe the strongest emotion I have ever tried. I Always could find new things in an unimaginable quantity. So when I accepted that I liked them I asked myself, is there anything could replace PMO? I found one thing, the desire to build my life, the life I have always wished, where I am a scientist, I am married and I have several sons. This one is my propelling, every time I try to touch my self that imagine of how I would be come in my mind and I stop immediately. If your need is physical the body will find the way without you relapse. Let’s go guys without giving up, at least for today. #TomorrowIsALongTime

8. Tested

Tested Fapstronaut

That is the key I think. Go into the future, think is P serving my future; is it destroying my future, my marriage. We have to work now every day to build a future we want. I an day 22. Keep going!!

max9292 and Deleted Account like this.
  9. max9292

max9292 Fapstronaut

Today is 58 days of abstinence, one thing I was thinking, beyond the many advantages usually can be seen in this process of reboot, another thing I wanted to point is that now I can be at home alone or in my room alone without suffering temptation of PMO. 58 days ago as soon as I was alone PMO wan an obsession in my mind until I surrendered. I don't fell anymore compulsivity, and the idea of P is very rare in my mind. Reboot gives results I'm trying them

Aloha, jack98ui and waterworld like this.
  10. max9292

max9292 Fapstronaut

60 days without PMO. Tonight I had a spontaneous ejaculation, the first time in this reboot. I know it is a normal thing for the body, anyway I fell as if I were in chaser effect, today urges are so strongest as never in these 60 days. I was very near to relapse, I was just going to write P on my browser but I blocked myself. I tried by cold water but urges are still strong. I try to resist, I'm starting to love my new life and I don't want to lose it.

11. LonelySunshine

LonelySunshine Fapstronaut

Are you talking about wet dreams? So it takes around 60 days to have it?

12. max9292

max9292 Fapstronaut

Yes, for me was in this way

13. Alan777

Alan777 Fapstronaut

this the real test part of the journey, just abstain, your mind will play tricks on you, trying so badly get u back to ur old habit, and might even get this ideas in ur head like "what if u nofap dont work"? this is all mind game at this part, just hold it, know that it wont last forever, and eventually ull see how beautiful things get, just like when its raining and storming, and then aftewards a beautiful sunrise comes!

14. max9292

max9292 Fapstronaut

I look back and I see now I am the son of the choices I did more than a year ago