1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

40+ and never had a girlfriend

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by zx125, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Haruki Abe

Haruki Abe New Fapstronaut

It's way too hard to go from 0 to 100 just by telling yourself "I will fulfill my lifelong dream of doing *insert lifelong desire* by just having the confidence to do it". Confidence builds overtime, but it doesn't have to be a long time. As long as you take proactive steps to improvement and going just a little further than you did yesterday, you'll find yourself a new lady partner sooner than you think.

lgustavoms and Power_to_Change like this.
  2. Plenty of fish dating app or tinder

3. I don't want to come across as patronising since I'm only 22, but I'd say that you've got to start being confident first, before you talk to any women. Sadly a lot of women aren't attracted to awkward men. I'd say working on making yourself approachable will help you as well

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. There is hope for every one it just takes others more time it will happen stay positive and confident like @Nycto said and make yourself approachable that is right advice

5. Thats what my hand said xD

Jokes apart, yes its important to love yourself first :)

Deleted Account and vulture175 like this.
  6. MellowFellow

MellowFellow Fapstronaut

The thing is that even though improving yourself socially, mentally, and physically are great goals which make dating (and life) easier, they're not necessary to have a relationship. You probably know men and women who have all kinds of physical, social, mental, and moral problems but still have partners. I agree with the posters who suggest that you get involved with people who share your interests either online or offline because friendships and relationships will result.

7. PedroCalrissian

PedroCalrissian Fapstronaut

Watch 40 year old virgin. Funny movie with a good message, but there are some triggers.

8. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Hey, they have a movie about you!

9. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

You are never too old to learn something or improve yourself good luck

10. There are women out there who are 40+ years old and have never had a boyfriend. Some have social anxiety disorder some are maybe not conventionally attractive but still in need of love. You should give these women a chance.

lgustavoms likes this.
  11. Ryumeyer

Ryumeyer New Fapstronaut

What i found to be useful is a night out with friends or workmates and once you have upped your confidence via alcohol ,try talking to women you find attractive and see what works and what doesn't.Although in the night it is light hearted fun,you can retain and use what you had learned and use it when sober and/or next time you go out.

12. Infensus

Infensus Fapstronaut

A good friend of mine had been single his entire life, work focused, quiet, diligent guy. Met his first girlfriend when he was 44, they are now happily married. I'm young, I'm only 21, so I won't pretend to have the life experience of the rest of you but I've never had a serious relationship either and it has worried me, but I've learned to accept I can't force it. There is, as they say, a lid for every pot. When we're mentally and spiritually ready for relationships they'll happen, be that 10 days or 20 years from now it doesn't matter. Self acceptance is key

lgustavoms, HipPete, Timel and 2 others like this.
  13. I’m sure there are lots of people in your situation. And you’re definitely not hopeless! Asking for help and wanting a different outcomes are a good place to start.
    Realize you are worthy of love, and love yourself and accept yourself and see the good in yourself. Be yourself with people, remember we are all human and have a lot in common and we all matter and belong. Everyone adds something to the world and is supposed to be here and is needed in the community.
    I agree that it can be fun to chat on dating sites - just be yourself and ask questions and find common ground. And yea just take baby steps if you wantand be more assertive on real life about interacting with women.
    We all have something to offer and we can all learn and connect somewhere! You’re definitely not alone and not too late and you don’t have to miss out! There’s so much hope and life available exactly now!

lgustavoms and Hitto like this.
  14. *self development* *Read every day* (follow Tai Lopez on YouTube and books he's read)
    Follow Jocko willink, read all his books, boost your confidence- join a gym, work out, get jacket, eat healthy 6 times a day. Join Jujitsu, take up boxing. Get in the best fkn shape of your life. Strive to make a difference and to help millions of people. Build yourself and they will come.

P.s. it's dosent mater what you look like, if you have money, women will find something attractive about you.