37M - married/kids/Christian

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by aguywhoneedshelp, Apr 9, 2019.

1. aguywhoneedshelp

aguywhoneedshelp Fapstronaut

Hello,

I am looking for encouragement and someone to check in with once in awhile. I am ready to change (PM for 90), but I know I will have difficult days. Hoping to find someone who has been through it already and will be faithful to check in with me. Not looking for someone to change for me, just to be generally available and responsive. Thanks in advance.

Deleted Account and Kemenaizer like this.
  2. Kemenaizer

Kemenaizer Fapstronaut

Nice man

3. kenny321

kenny321 Fapstronaut

Hey I’m a Christian mail also single I’ve had nine months of free OPM at one point but that’s been a few years ago. I’m trying to do this again one day at a time looking for someone who wants to do a daily brief to the point check-in!
    It needs to be a daily thing or other things will take priority !

I’m on day four today it’s been a good day only a few triggering moments with objectifying women when I was out driving around, I did a double take. Prayed for them and myself to be free from lust and I’m feeling comfortable now relaxing and ready for bed soon.

How was your day? Anything you need to share ? Struggles? Prayers and Surrender? Blessings my friends!

4. kenny321

kenny321 Fapstronaut

I’m a male not really a mail.

Bombadil likes this.
  5. aguywhoneedshelp

kenny321 - Thanks for the response. I was offline most of the weekend so I didn't see this until Monday morning. I will try to check-in daily, but there are times where I simply leave the computer and phone alone to avoid temptation and to establish good habits.
    Still, I appreciate the community and support and will try to be a part of it. I have had a few really good days, where I feel like God has been affirming my choices and blessing me with grace and strength. Life is so much fresher without the shame and guilt of PM hanging over my head. I know that difficult times lay ahead, but for now I am happy to rest in grace and hoping to grow in strength and faith. Like you, and a lot of men, I find it easy to slip into double takes and objectifying women at the drop of a hat. Even church wasn't a safe place for me mentally. I have been praying for the strength to not only guard what my eyes see but also for grace to keep many things from me. I find that I was often looking for something to leer at, real or imagined. The more I gave in to the temptation to think/dwell on it, the more I started to see it everywhere. I am trying to keep my mind on better things, on Holy things so that I am less likely to fail. I will be praying for you as well. I hope you are staying strong and that you feel the Lord's presence as you fight.

6. aguywhoneedshelp

Thanks. It feels good to be heard and reminded that there are others out there struggling with and overcoming the same thing. Right now I am in a really good place, but that probably won't always be the case. Having a community here has already helped me a lot. I am not sure of what connections you have made here or what exactly you are looking for, but I am praying for you and grateful for you.

7. Dev47b

Dev47b Fapstronaut

Hello. I am Uk based. Would be great to help you and me too. I am available to chat on Skype.

8. DannyS

DannyS Fapstronaut

Contact me. Christian 20s single guy. Fighting PMO for years now.

9. Hey!
    I'm available. Send me a PM.
    Good luck!

10. Makage

Makage New Fapstronaut

Interested as well. Christian, married. Straight. Not looking for therapy but looking for therapy, just accountability. I'm in the new york time zone.