1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[365-CHALLENGE] THE THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Dec 27, 2017.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. scobiscuit

scobiscuit Fapstronaut

2. Côté Club

Côté Club Fapstronaut

3. I want to join this challenge without having to start from day 0 as the rules of the challenge state. I don't want to feel like I am starting from scratch all over again. My life especially this year has been complete shit. I need to start over and make it worthwhile or I might just take my own life as the pile of failure is too much to bear. I must take a last stand now. It's now or never. So I start on Day 4. Thanks.

4. Some food for thought which I picked up from another post here recently. This may be controversial but gonna put it out here just as something to consider. Perhaps, for some of us, as we look long-term, particularly in monk-mode, perfect-streak day counts are not as useful as looking at overall percentage of days we are PMO-free. So e.g., instead of beating ourselves up after 46 days then relapsing and resetting to 0, maybe it's more positive and realistic to look at how many days did we PMO in a single year? For instance perhaps it is more beneficial to say "I used to PMO 75% days of the year, but now I'm down to just 5%, which is quite an improvement." Of course this only works if a slip-up does not result in a full-on binge spiral downwards, so I'm not sure how I feel about it myself, but I do think the resets can get discouraging as well. Anyway take care buddy and do your best!

5. Day 17, not much to add today. Just gonna do some reading outside and get some Vitamin D. Today is my day off from exercise/stretching, but not meditation, I'm trying to do that every single day even if it's just for 5-10 mins. I think with some of this stuff sticking to a schedule is more important than how productive any single day is on its own.

Keep improving yourselves, my dudes. :emoji_smirk_cat:

6. It's cool man, I came in after the 90 day challenge and they bent the rules for me. Welcome to the thread.

7. The fantasies are the hardest part for me. I was blessed with a great imagination, which is great for creative thinking, but not so great for avoiding those sexual fantasy movies that I'm so good at playing in my head. I have learned two ways for me to snap out of that line-of-thinking though. One is to switch to something intellectually challenging right away - like a hard crossword, or dense novel, or a lecture on astronomy - whatever as long as it is intellectually chunky enough that it crowds out those other thoughts. The second way is to ground myself into the physical world, by either doing some rigorous exercise, taking a walk, or even just going out to run some errands.

Hope that helps. By the way dude, no PMO-free days are ever thrown away. They all go to your accumulation of wisdom as you continue to walk this path of self-improvement and healing towards a brighter future.

8. benj

benj Fapstronaut

Thanks man I appreciate

9. yeah you are right...we are on a journey where number of days don't matter...in the sea of ocean of 365 days 47 days is just drop...i'm trying to keep my head up & follow what I thought...already I came so far I never thought so...but I will work on my sexual thoughts through meditation & engage my mind in some other productive work...day 47

10. Unstoppabull

Unstoppabull Fapstronaut

87/365. It's scary when you emotionally expose yourself to others and get rejected. This past weekend I have socialized a lot and the above happened.

Urðr, wanttobeme, The_Fisher and 3 others like this.
  11. rewiring4good

rewiring4good Fapstronaut

If you got rejected by a girl,then just be cool and aloof about it and say to her it's cool,but it's your loss(said with a smile).She will see you are a strong guy who faces advertisy well,unlike some weak minded people who can't take criticism or rejection.

12. Rejection sucks especially if you're like me and take everything too personally. What I've learned helps with this, is just to see every interaction as a casual opportunity with no expectations of where it might or might not go. Just don't worry about it, just socialize for the hell of it with no pressure on the outcome. Also accept that no matter who you are or what you say there will be some percentage of rejection/disconnect as it's a universal experience for all of us (especially guys). Try to see it more as a badge of honor you've earned for getting out there, as opposed to something to feel bummed about. After awhile, a tolerance builds up and it becomes kind of like a game so it doesn't feel like a big deal so much, and the positive things that come from it will encourage you to keep going with it.

13. frequentdogwalker

frequentdogwalker Fapstronaut

Sounds like you are describing your viewpoint without holding anything back. Sometimes just stating things the way they appear can trigger a breakthrough, things lighten up, the sun comes out, the whole concept starts to fall apart and sound humorous, and you can laugh at yourself for believing such things.

14. frequentdogwalker

I wouldn't call that throwing anything away. You went for it and you made it for 45 days without PMO. That's something you'd never reached before. You are getting better at taking control of your sexuality. Good for you! And now you are back at it again, continuing your quest for the life you want.

15. frequentdogwalker

Welcome! It's fine with me if you start on day 4 or whatever. Be patient with yourself, failure sucks but it doesn't mean your future will suck. You don't know where life will lead with its twists and turns. No doubt there will be some fortunate surprises along the way.

16. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Checking in on another day. Started the day with exercise and meditation. Later on a cold shower. The first half minute or so is tough, tough, tough and then it gets a little better. I'm on day 3 of that 30 day challenge. The pmo is going well so far. One day at a time.

17. The_Fisher

The_Fisher Fapstronaut