1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

32 days in nofap. My perception has changed.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Sinfulinstinct, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Sinfulinstinct

Sinfulinstinct Fapstronaut

This is actually my second attempt at NoFap. During my first try I have managed to get over 120 days.

With me becoming an adult and life throwing it's usual nonsense at me I have realised that I was naive. Naive towards my friends, naive towards my own family. I had thought that since birth I was the fault for every bad thing that has happened. I was a fool for believing my classmates' bullshit in school, for following my parents' advices and instructions. I know this is sounding edgy but since my hormones have started to get balanced I'm finally not feeling like a pushover who has to nod to everything my other fellow human beings tell me to agree to or to do.

I have found out that making my own plans and fulfilling them is so much more gratifying and joyful than any gift anyone has ever thrown in my direction.
    Life can be beautiful, it is the naysayers and doubters who are holding you back into the gloomy and grey world everybody wants you to believe in, they want to control your thoughts, your feelings, your set of values.
    Don't let them, you are just as human as them with the same rights.

vyndaloo, sknnyjns and A41:14A like this.
  2. A41:14A

A41:14A Fapstronaut

3. Bullarrd

Bullarrd Fapstronaut

You're right and it is stupid how hard it is for me to break free of that same old mentality, thinking im the bane of everyones existence, even though i know truthfully I'm my own person and nobody can make me feel bad except for myself. I may be to eager to be completely free of the bullshit people try to make me believe, but idc. I love the feeling of being in control of my life!

Rebooter45674 and Sinfulinstinct like this.
  4. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I'm glad to hear you're having this realisation, I too went through a period of time where I would just put up with bullshit happening all around me and when I finally learnt to just stop putting up with it, it felt so good. You have to remember that being an open book just leads to exploitation, even if the people doing the exploiting arent doing it out of malice, it still happens. Putting some distance between yourself and even the people you are really close to is always a good idea, make up your own mind, make your own decisions, follow your own path to happiness.