30 DAYS NO MUSIC CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Future role model, Apr 2, 2018.

How often do you listen to music

1. All the time

42 vote(s)
    47.2%
  2. Often

34 vote(s)
    38.2%
  3. Sometimes

8 vote(s)
    9.0%
  4. Very rarely

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Future role model

Future role model Fapstronaut

Yeah, I'm a bit concerned that I may be addicted to Youtube... But I am also watching some seminars via Youtube, so I would probably need to download them if I ever decide to do these kind of challenge.

Son of Midgaard likes this.
  2. Son of Midgaard

Son of Midgaard Fapstronaut

Well, you can "get away" with that as long as you do not continue to hang on FB and waste time looking for song after song or funny clips or what have you that might be of immidiate interest. Watch the seminar, then shut it down is my advice, which can be taken or leaven :)

Future role model likes this.
  3. joarev85

joarev85 Fapstronaut

Yes. Totally agree. However I relapsed once listening to music with very triggering content. So I have to be more careful. But at the same time. Music is much better than PMO. And I feel the feelings in my body when I listen to something that touches me. Then I can start to cry if I am in reboot. If I am in relapse I don't feel anything. So I think I should continue listening to music.

4. I can relate to that. Although it affects me much the same regardless of my reboot/relapse status. It is healthy to cry.

Son of Midgaard likes this.
  5. hay6tAYA

hay6tAYA Fapstronaut

Today, I have problems with this challenge. TV won today but I'm starting again. This last days were so interesting, I've been focused on my goals.

6. Future role model

It's my day 3. Feeling great.

7. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

I failed on this I wanna try again and I failed on nofap too but I didn't binge yet :/

8. Future role model

Just don't give up mate, try again!

My day 5 atm, not tempted at all.

9. hwai

hwai Fapstronaut

I'm on my 30th day so tomorrow I've finished off a month without listening to music voluntarily. I say voluntarily because music is everywhere where you go whether It's in the bus, grocery store etc.. So you can't really avoid it but rather ignore it.

10. Gmork

Gmork Fapstronaut

Has this improved your life?
    If so, - how and why?
    Genuinely interested.

11. hwai

hwai Fapstronaut

To be quite honest it hasn't. That's because music isn't important part of my life to begin with. Having said that I've stopped listening to music when going out for like 3 years (excluding the radio of my parents car). I stopped because I felt like I wasn't present. Also because I was using my phones headphones when listening to music I had to have the volume quite loud in order to hear anything. This is of course in crowded places and public transport for example.

So my reason for not listening to music when going out was quite simple back then; to be present in the moment. As for these 30 days the only thing changed is that I could hear the engine of the car when I drive and also could hear the sound when shifting the gear. It was really satisfying and for some reason made me really happy.

What comes to time at home I've been quite busy with uni stuff and I can't concentrate if I have something on the background. As for the freetime at home I usually rest or just enjoy the silence and read stuff.

Gmork likes this.
  12. Gmork

Gmork Fapstronaut

That's a great answer.
    I wasn't expecting it to make so much sense, but I understand.
    I love music, but I also love silence.

hwai likes this.
  13. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

I want to try again :), so no music day 0

14. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

I failed, Imma try again, but this time I do no lycrics, just some chill back ground music, I will take this one step at a time

15. reborn999

reborn999 Fapstronaut

16. Future role model

Okay guys I'm back after a long break from this community. Today is my day 0

17. Future role model

18. Future role model

19. Future role model

Last few days I've been listening to music like crazy, wasted so much time. I'm starting again, day 0.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  20. Future role model

Checking in, today is day 2. I had some urges yesterday, Trap Nation uploaded a new song, but I managed to resist.