1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

30 Days COLD SHOWER Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Duellant, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Hey, yeah i have to admit that i did it a few days, but then skipped it, and didnt take it so seriously anymore..
    So i start again today, day 1 (or 0?) of 30 days. Awesome challenge!

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. I am glad to hear you are taking up the challenge again! Regarding the counting, I would say you count the first day you take the shower as day one... :)

3. Cool ! My own rules for the challenge: i can take hot showers, however, it does have to start with at least 30 seconds of cold shower, before turning the warm water on.
    I did this a few days, but then one day didnt feel like it.. took a hot shower..
    I have taken my commitments and challenges way to loosely in the past (nofap relapse also.. im now picking up the right direction again).. i really want to become more real with myself and my words. There were many things from the past bothering me, i try to leave all the bs behind and get as much as i can to be my own real self.. my own voice and ideas on how i look at things. sorry drifting from the subject here a bit lol..

Nice to see you have already done 8 days of cold shower!
    Keep it cool ;)

Force Majeure likes this.
  4. Day 2 again, i gotta say seems to get easier over time.. luckily. Also, first there is this shock of cold water, but at the end of the 30 seconds i got used to it a lot more..
    Seems like common sense the stuff im writing here :D.
    Anyways, it is a cool challenge, and i believe this habit has some good benefits!
    Have good day all!

5. 9/30! After 30 days I don't think I will be able to live without the cold showers.

6. This morning I had to wake up very early (4 am) to go to work.. felt so tired.. i didnt take the cold shower.. broke a bit with my own rules (again), because i decided every shower to be at least 30 sec. on cold.. however, when im home today again i'll take one cold.
    Also next days i try to stick to the rule, when showering, starting at least 30 seconds on the cool side!

7. Day 11. Either the coldest water in my shower is getting hotter or it is me who is getting used to this!

8. Nope, I hadn't! I had two cold showers today, first one felt pretty nice... the next one was freakin' cold! My eyes were freezing!

Day 12.

9. Day 13, soon half way to retention.

10. Day 15 completed. I am averaging at two cold showers per day now.

11. Day 16. Penetrating silence in this thread. Good luck all :cool:

12. Hey man, thats great going dude :)

I havent been doing the cold shower during recent days i have to admit again. To be honest, i think cold showers are amazing, but i believe you have to be in good health to do it, and im still in my recovering phase from smoking lifestyle. Few weeks ago i had an x-ray and luckily they didnt found anything, but sometimes i get a burning sensation again. Feels pretty scary and i hope and pray im not too late and that i will recover. With all the right lifestyles and all the right mindset, and all the wrong habits left behind, i have good hope.

I will definitely do the cold showers again, i want to do it every day for 1 month at least. I see how my health goes, I expect to be back pretty soon on this topic (maybe tomorrow if i feel good enough). :)

13. I am glad to hear they didn't find anything when doing the x-ray scan. Whatever you do, don't stop fighting! You can do this.

14. Day 17 completed and I'm not seeing this as a challenge anymore, it's a new lifestyle.

15. Thank you very much.

The 'fun' thing is, since i got the pain, and the concrete idea of getting very sick and that i might die... i have not a single urge to smoke anymore.
    Btw i do actually make tea of tobacco nowadays, asking myself why i didnt do that before.. wasnt aware this was also an option lol.. but yeah its just a plant, why drink tea leaves and smoke tobacco leaves.. Btw any smokers who might read this, be careful with dosage, as the tea is more potent than smoking it (google it, warnings of overdose.. personally i use 1 cig for a cup of tea),

Thats great man! Very nice going. Today i had a warm shower in the morning, but a cold one in the evening, so it's day 1 for me again :).

16. Day 20 completed. Before this challenge I always had really hot showers. Now I really don't like them anymore (and haven't had a single one since I started with the cold ones). Whatever happens, whether I get a cold or it gets winter... I am going to keep up with this. Let me define it like this: I am going to reset my pm-counter if I "relapse" and take a hot shower.

EDIT: I have thought about this post for ten days now and I think I was setting my goals a bit too high. With that said, I'm not going to reset my pm counter if I take a hot shower after I've finished the challenge. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2018
  17. Wow man, awesome going, i also definitely come back to this thread when i feel more ready, within a few weeks i hope :) keep it cool :)