1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

24 Not backing out

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Hello everyone. I decided to set some goals on this website so I can be accountable to everyone else on here. I think I'm constantly having to reset my timer because I'm spending more time thinking about my addiction rather than other things. For example, spending fifteen minutes in the shower while my body is enjoying the warm water gives my mind a lot of time to obsess over past failures and emotional traumas. Waking up tired from a night's relapse is very tempting not to exercise.
    These are just some on the top of my head right now, but I will maybe add some more later. If "No" is the answer to any of these, an explanation is necessary.

1. Wake up and get up when my alarm goes off the first time or after the first snooze (today, not yesterday)=
    2. Write down a take away from Bible readings in my Bible journal=
    3. Full exercise listed for the day(aerobics or anaerobic)=
    4. Shower no more than five minutes=
    5. Read at least one chapter from any Christian book=
    6. Memorize at least one Bible verse and say it repeatedly throughout the day=
    7. Walk my dog at least ten minutes=
    8. Write in my journal what I did today=
    9. Stay away from looking at anybody not fully clothed. If on screen close whatever it is immediately, if a real person bounce my eyes away immediately=
    10. Do not PMO, P being any picture or story that effects me sexually=

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2018
  2. Here is an update for what I accomplished yesterday, Oct. 6th

1. Wake up and get up when my alarm goes off or after the first snooze (today, not yesterday)=Yes
    2. Write down a take away from Bible readings in my Bible journal=No, didn't set my goal yet
    3. Full exercise listed for the day(aerobics or anaerobic)=No, lacked motivation
    4. Shower no more than five minutes=No, didn't set this goal yet
    5. Read at least one chapter from any Christian book=Yes
    6. Memorize at least one Bible verse and say it repeatedly throughout the day=No, kept forgetting it
    7. Walk my dog at least ten minutes=Yes
    8. Write in my journal what I did today=Yes
    9. Stay away from looking at anybody not fully clothed. If on screen close whatever it is immediately, if a real person bounce my eyes away immediately=Yes
    10. Do not PMO, P being any picture or story that effects me sexually=Yes

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2018
  3. Oct. 7

1. Wake up and get up when my alarm goes off the first time or after the first snooze (today, not yesterday)=Yes
    2. Write down a take away from Bible readings in my Bible journal=Yes
    3. Full exercise listed for the day(aerobics or anaerobic)=Yes
    4. Shower no more than five minutes=Yes
    5. Read at least one chapter from any Christian book=No, left for church early and didn't return home until late
    6. Memorize at least one Bible verse and say it repeatedly throughout the day=Yes
    7. Walk my dog at least ten minutes=No, church all day
    9. Stay away from looking at anybody not fully clothed. If on screen close whatever it is immediately, if a real person bounce my eyes away immediately=Yes

4. Oct. 8

1. Wake up and get up when my alarm goes off the first time or after the first snooze (today, not yesterday)=Yes
    6. Memorize at least one Bible verse and say it repeatedly throughout the day=Yes
    9. Stay away from looking at anybody not fully clothed. If on screen close whatever it is immediately, if a real person bounce my eyes away immediately=No, let my eyes linger on something that popped up on an innocent website

5. Oct. 9

I hope to continue answering yes to all of these, except for times I'm unable to walk my dog, such as the days that I'm gone all day; but I will try my best of course.

6. Oct. 10

9. Stay away from looking at anybody not fully clothed. If on screen close whatever it is immediately, if a real person bounce my eyes away immediately=No, I took a second glance at somebody in real life

7. Oct. 11

8. Oct. 12

1. Wake up and get up when my alarm goes off the first time or after the first snooze (today, not yesterday)=No. I thought I snoozed my alarm, but I shut it off when I was half-asleep. Got up an hour later.
    8. Write in my journal what I did today=No, worked all day
    10. Do not PMO, P being any picture or story that effects me sexually=No, woke up right after a wet dream. Not counting it against my streak though since it was involuntary.

9. kaow84141718

kaow84141718 Fapstronaut

I love everything that you are trying to do!!! Keep it up!!!

Don't try to do/change too much at one time because that can ultimately lead to a relapse. Focus your efforts on 2 or 3 goals and you will have better success!!!

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Thank you @kaow84141718 for the encouragement. Sadly, I'm having to reset because of being alone most of the day yesterday. I will keep what you said in mind. :emoji_thumbsup:

kaow84141718 likes this.
  11. Oct. 13

1. Wake up and get up when my alarm goes off the first time or after the first snooze (today, not yesterday)=No. Accidentally turned off the alarm when I was trying to snooze it.
    10. Do not PMO, P being any picture or story that effects me sexually=No. Being alone for a few hours became an extreme temptation, and I gave in.

12. kaow84141718

kaow84141718 Fapstronaut

And you know what...it's OK. We all stumble. Remember that "we all fall short" and none of us can truly reach perfection. This is my paraphrase, but I love how in the book of James, James says to be joyful in our trials and we should because this is where we learn and how to improve. I have faith that you can overcome this. And remember: prayer is a powerful tool. :)

13. Amen! I love reading in the book of James. It contains a whole lot of encouragement and truths. Thank you so much for the encouragement.

kaow84141718 likes this.
  14. Oct. 14

4. Shower no more than five minutes=No. Took a little longer under the warm water because of back pain
    5. Read at least one chapter from any Christian book=No. Gone most of the day for church services
    7. Walk my dog at least ten minutes=No. Church services most of the day
    8. Write in my journal what I did today=No. Church services

15. kaow84141718

kaow84141718 Fapstronaut

You are very welcome! If this is helping you in any way, I don't mind checking in on you regularly. :)

16. That would be great. Our internet has a very poor connection (which is better for rebooting). And some days I am gone all day, so there will be sometimes I'm unable to check NoFap, but I will be glad for you to.

17. Oct. 15

1. Wake up and get up when my alarm goes off the first time or after the first snooze (today, not yesterday)=No. I had no alarm set, but still managed to get up by 7
    3. Full exercise listed for the day(aerobics or anaerobic)=No. I've done something to my back as it has been out and painful. I might be taken a break for a while just to give it time to rest as I have a lot of lifting to do for work
    4. Shower no more than five minutes=No. Hoped the warm water would help my back, but I don't think it is.
    5. Read at least one chapter from any Christian book=No. Didn't take time to read even though I had plenty of time as I didn't work yesterday :(
    7. Walk my dog at least ten minutes=No. I was too lazy and it was raining most of the day
    8. Write in my journal what I did today=No. Again because of laziness
    10. Do not PMO, P being any picture or story that effects me sexually=No. Didn't resist MO when I went to bed last night
    Yesterday was a disaster. My body has been screaming for relief all week because of my job, back pain, and being busy all the time. I let myself go yesterday which was the wrong thing to do. As I am not working at my job today, I will be tested again today, but I have to remember what Christ has saved me from.

18. kaow84141718

kaow84141718 Fapstronaut

I'll do my best to check in on you everyday to see how you are doing. I know we get stuck in the these cycles that can make us feel very inadequate. Don't necessarily try to fill up ALL of your time keeping your focus off of 'PMO' or what you shouldn't do. What you should do is INVEST in YOURSELF! What is something you have been wanting to learn, change, improve, etc. (outside of wanting to stop 'PMO')? A lot of times we get down on ourselves because we did stuff we shouldn't do and that is no way to live because we are constantly in a state of tearing ourselves down. INVEST in YOURSELF to build yourself back up!!!

19. Thank you for that encouragement. It's so true. I do find myself tearing myself down a lot. I need to invest my time in other things.

kaow84141718 likes this.
  20. Oct. 16

3. Full exercise listed for the day(aerobics or anaerobic)=No, back pain
    4. Shower no more than five minutes=No, back pain
    8. Write in my journal what I did today=No, forgot to write in my journal

kaow84141718 likes this.