23 F Monk mode seeking accountability partner

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by crunchyroll, Sep 7, 2018.

1. crunchyroll

crunchyroll New Fapstronaut

I am getting my graduate degree, working full time, and generally leading a busy life, so I don't intend to communicate for lengthy durations everyday. But it might be nice to have someone on the same journey. someone who I can come to when I am struggling, and they can seek me out, too.

2. IndianStallion

IndianStallion Fapstronaut

Hi! I am doing hard mode and I am on Day 45. I am also doing cold showers, muscle building and pursuing my Nanodegree in Android/Web development. Would you like to be my Accountability partner?

3. jianpip

jianpip Fapstronaut

Im curious about the cold shower thing?... how do you do it, it means every morning or every time you feel tempted? do you findthis a good technic ??

4. IndianStallion

IndianStallion Fapstronaut

I take cold showers 2 times a day. As soon as I get up I take a shower and then head to the gym/Taekwondo/yoga class. After the session I take a cold shower again. The reason I do this is it relaxes my muscles. A lot of athletes take an ice-bath but since I cannot do it, I take a cold shower. I have been doing this for more then a month. It reduces the chances of injury and I feel refreshed even after an intense session. I have noticed that my concentration has improved and I tend to read more in lesser time. Moreover, cold shower forces the body to increase the temperature, which is done by the body by burning fat, resulting in more energy (and also gets me ripped :p). I definitely find this a good technique.

When I have the urges I simply meditate. When even this doesn't help I do chants and affirmation. Within 5 minutes the urge gets over but it comes back in 3-4 hours. Initially I was getting a urge every hour but after 2 weeks it got better.

I highly recommend cold showers and meditation with NoFap :)

legendsneverdie likes this.
  5. Mr.Chips

Mr.Chips Fapstronaut

Congratulations on your degree! Wishing you a greater aim with success and satisfaction!
    We are here for support. Best of luck :)

6. Mr.Chips

Mr.Chips Fapstronaut

To me, I take cold showers every morning,, it generally refreshs your body and reduces laziness as well as temptations. Take it whenever you want but if you are not used to it try to start (hot>warm>cold). Also after workout, you need to have rest for 30 minutes at least then have a warm>cold showers. Because when a body is under heat and suddenly get cold temperature might risk heart health. But generally in random days you can just get to it and it is totally fine.

IndianStallion likes this.
  7. new one

new one New Fapstronaut

Hi, I have the same conditions and preferences. I'm 27 M, married and have full time job. I will be happy if we can share the journey together without lengthy duration everyday.

8. crunchyroll

Hi! I'm good on accountability partners now. Than you all!

tiredofbeingtired and SirErnest like this.
  9. jianpip

jianpip Fapstronaut

Would you like to share how has the experience been for you? Like what type of practices with your current accountability partners have worked?

10. beachbumb

beachbumb New Fapstronaut

Room for 1 more?

11. crunchyroll

Having a low stakes AP is helpful. I have two AP's, actually. We talk to each other when we can. One of my partners and I get really in depth about not just our MPO goals, but our life goals in general. it's inspirational and relaxing to talk with them. I really like having online penpals who I can be relatively candid with.

In terms of habits, I am keeping up with work, school, socializing, reading, meditation, etc. to avoid the MPO grind. So far so good. Aiming for 100 days at least.

12. jianpip

jianpip Fapstronaut

Super! That sounds really good. I liked what you said about goals. Sometimes they are the great motivation to not let PMO win the battle. Congratulations! Keep it going! 100 days and more!

13. Unjustfailure

Unjustfailure Fapstronaut

Hi I'm 30 on the same situation as you
    I'd like to join the group
    What works for me is mostly staying outdoors as much as possible