1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[14-CHALLENGE] THE FOURTEEN DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Aug 30, 2017.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Step-One

Step-One Fapstronaut

Day 8, got close to a relapse, but give up before I finished. Thought I was headed for a binder, but now I'm over it. Total flatline and I'm fine.

Kizito.D, Zephil and daveintexas like this.
  2. User_554090

User_554090 Fapstronaut

Day 2 done, already feeling better!

3. TrustBuster

TrustBuster Fapstronaut

That's a great way to frame it!! I may try thinking on that.. my way of handling it lately is strengthened by meditation and mindfulness. So it takes work. But here's what I do

1st) you have to have the mindset of "I'm gonna be vigilant of these thoughts"
    2nd) when the thoughts or urges come, I'm going to simply observe them.. I don't give any power by acknowledging them beyond "okay, I just had that thought".
    3rd) once I observe them as I would shitty music playing at the store while I'm shopping, I redirect my thinking to my breathing. "how am I breathing right now", "what does my breathing sound like?", "How deep of a breath can I make", "can I feel my heartbeat in-between inhale and exhale?". Those are the acknowledgments I am choosing to make and that's just strengthening my ability to be present and make cognizant choices.

Kizito.D and Soren K. like this.
  4. Ragnar.Lodbrok

Ragnar.Lodbrok Fapstronaut

5. Brokenseany

Brokenseany Fapstronaut

6. Gladwell1

Gladwell1 Fapstronaut

day 5 - so far pretty good :)

7. Day 12/14. Found myself fantasizing earlier so i went back to my breathing, but the fantasies didn't stop. Also had a dream that i had a girlfriend last night, and big macs were $25.95. And we were living in a steel apartment complex in the future, i was taking security classes to get a job at starbucks, and aliens were invading the earth.

Ragnar.Lodbrok, Kizito.D and Zephil like this.
  8. Marcothebest_1995

Marcothebest_1995 Fapstronaut

9. memyyokeandi

memyyokeandi Fapstronaut

10. Zephil

Zephil Fapstronaut

14\14 Honest opinion. I feel the healing has begun. But this is just the start. Thanks @2525

Ragnar.Lodbrok and Kizito.D like this.
  11. Foster2020

Foster2020 Fapstronaut

Day 7/14. Forgot to record it last night. Better late than never

12. King farrier

King farrier Fapstronaut

Day 3 , feeling energetic & a slight depression, have a long way to go, more self controlled. Sexual urges r same/mild. Controlling myself and taking myself to full potential

darkenedverse likes this.
  13. shodaivienni

shodaivienni Fapstronaut

Relapsed. Restarting to day 0.

14. darkenedverse

darkenedverse Fapstronaut

Day 2: So busy and tired, I didn't even think about thinking about P, M, or O.

Ragnar.Lodbrok and Kizito.D like this.
  15. darkenedverse

Congratulations on passing this hurdle! Find a constructive way to celebrate. Remember this feeling of positive and use it carry you to the end!

Hamze and Sôgmô Gray Lock like this.
  16. darkenedverse

Your post actually shows persistent victory and growth. Remember the NoFap is not a race. It's a learning experience. Keep reflecting and adapting and you will amaze yourself.

Also, you might consider working on something that pushes you out of your comfort zone to help you deal with the feeling that leads to relapse. Part of the issue of relapse is that we won't the "discomfort" to go away. If you train pushing past this discomfort zone, it might help. Training won't fix urges, but it can help you relapse less. Some things you might consider: Fitness challenges, cold showers, etc.

I like that you've built a habit to counter urges, though. Good thinking!

17. Striker97

Striker97 Fapstronaut

18. LonelyRider

LonelyRider Fapstronaut

11 days, closing on the end. Still the ever-present urge, but work and pre-move tasking seem to take my mind off it mostly. Between those moments it's harder to focus on something else, because there isn't much here.

19. Ever-present? No such thing. Unprocessed energy? Highly likely.

Process the energy and watch the "ever-present" urge vanish.

LonelyRider and darkenedverse like this.
  20. 10/14

A reminder for people who feel urges that seem to last for a week straight or longer, you need to actively process the energy, think of it as a blockage and by processing it you can improve your entire mind and body and feel lighter without destructively giving sway to reckless abandon in the heat of the regretful moment if one gives up on their goals,

Make sure it isn't just in one's mind either:

Karmicdog6901 and Kizito.D like this.