1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

12 weeks "sober" today

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Loren, Jun 26, 2014.

1. freedomwarrior

freedomwarrior Fapstronaut

Loren, just like you, has always been a beautiful human being. Recovery simply makes it feel more real.

2. Awingman

Awingman Fapstronaut

Loren, you are an inspiration. Thank you for being there and sharing.

3. Awesomej

Awesomej Fapstronaut

I really like your first post. it is wonderfull. :):):)

4. Backspace_123

Backspace_123 Fapstronaut

Thats really inspiring
    I was always out in my first week but now after reading this im confident that ill go through my first week for the very first time in 8 years of addiction

5. Loren

Loren Guest

I am back. My story link is below. Looks like you can only have one link in your sig now.

My story

6. BigC

BigC Fapstronaut

Hey my man! Im back as well! Finally got a chance to read your story and dammit if our shit isn't sumilar! Still struggling but haven't given up! Man i just wanted to also apologize if i was judgemental and not understanding of where you were but I know it was my own shit i was scared of but im a different guy now! Would love to reconnect if you're cool! Peace my brother and God bless
    ey

Don Gately likes this.
  7. Loren

Loren Guest

Thanks for the kind words Big C. We are all in this together.

vxlccm likes this.
  8. Whalenz

Whalenz Fapstronaut

Good Work man!

Thanks for this post. I need the motivation right now!

9. Loren

Loren Guest

Haven't been able to make it more than a day but now I am on day three. And last week I made it to day three also. My slips are becoming further apart. I need support. Thank you everyone for being there.

aspiringwriter1997 and vxlccm like this.
  10. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    I've been there, many of us have. When it's in the mire and difficult, it's not easy and anything is progress. I wish you and your family all the best. I hope that everything is relatively stable around you so there is a support system in place as you continue your self-improvement goals.

11. Love_Travelling

Love_Travelling Fapstronaut

Hi Loren, how have you been doing? Thanks for sharing your story.

12. Loren

Loren Guest

Thank you. We have all been there, you say. Has anyone made it to 12 months of sexual sobriety and then blown it again? Gone back to the old habits? This is happening to me.

13. im_alive

im_alive Fapstronaut

Hi loren,

There is a guy on here called @Applehead - I think he's been through the same thing. 1 year then went back to old habits. I think he's back on track now.

Good luck with your journey, I'm still just starting mine. Never made it past 30 days.

Applehead likes this.
  14. This is indeed true. Several other people have had very long streaks and relapsed. For instance @cpf, @Septimus , @wally_s to name a few. The reality is that relapse is part of recovery and we hopefully learn from it. It is good to try not to use ever again but it is not good to be unrealistic and assume there will be no relapses. The main point is to live one day at a time. No matter how many clean days you have, if you can finish one day without acting out, you succeeded that day. Keep up the fight!

im_alive likes this.