1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Born_For_War

1. vulture175
    vulture175
    I used to use geany for programming C. I'm not sure about java, have u tried openjdk? Btw I'm looking for a distro which is fast, easy to use, easy to setup drivers and lightweight :P dual run with my window 8. Any suggestions:P? How's mageia 6? Too many to pick one
    Jan 14, 2018
    Symbol of Peace and Born_For_War like this.
  2. Born_For_War
    Born_For_War
    Mageia 6 is super easy to use. I like it for its simplicity and good design. I just downloaded the ISO of it to a portable hard drive and ran it off that.

I haven't tried openjdk ever, I'll look it up and see if I can use it. Or maybe IntelliJ! Great ideas!
    Jan 14, 2018
    Symbol of Peace likes this.
  3. Born_For_War
    Born_For_War
    I'm using IntelliJ IDEA for Java now! This is going to be great!
    Jan 14, 2018
  4. vulture175
    vulture175
    Nice. I just downloaded mageia 6, will install it tonight. I'm excited :D
    Jan 15, 2018
    Symbol of Peace and Born_For_War like this.
  5. Born_For_War
    Born_For_War
    I tried Fedora 25 and 27, but they do not recognise the WiFi device on my desktop PC, and as such I cannot connect to the internet with them. Mageia 6 seems better anyway (though I couldn't cite many reasons as to why).
    Jan 15, 2018
  6. vulture175
    vulture175
    Wow I've never tried non debian based distros like fedora or redhat. Is mageia debian based. Hmn, doesn't matter, I'm installing anw :D. Somehow it reminds me of lubuntu
    Jan 15, 2018
  7. Born_For_War
    Born_For_War
    I believe it's Mandrake-based. See how you go
    Jan 16, 2018
  8. vulture175
    vulture175
    I just installed it, do u know how to create a wifi hotspot over wifi, like creating a wifi access point.
    Jan 16, 2018
  9. vulture175
    vulture175
    i think it's not possible to do that "crying inside". Everything was perfect, the distro is modern, it's accessible, powerful, beautiful. i gotta get an ethernet cable tmr then. Anw appreciate your suggestion. The distro is on point
    Jan 16, 2018
  10. vulture175
    vulture175
    Wow didn't know you're black metan fan too. I listen to Dark funeral haha. Metalheads, cheers!
    Jan 16, 2018
  11. Born_For_War
    Born_For_War
    Hey sorry, I don't know how to set up a WiFi hotspot, have you tried any online tutorials? Google is your friend :)

P.S. I've gone back to listening to classical music, actually!
    Jan 16, 2018
    Symbol of Peace and vulture175 like this.
  12. vulture175
    vulture175
    Hey how's u doing sir? I haven't seen u lately. I found a way to create the wifi hotspot using create_ap command. Plasma desktop boots up quite slow imo :D
    Mar 16, 2018