1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Born_For_War

1. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Hey @Born_For_War , believe it or not, I understood that. In a universe far away and a time forgotten I would have also wanted those books. Not so much anymore.
    Jan 11, 2018
  2. Born_For_War
    Born_For_War
    Really? Well, don't spoil it for me, I am looking forward to reading them and creating a brand new website dedicated to Paganism. Hail Swarog!
    Jan 11, 2018
  3. vxlccm
    vxlccm
    Gotta start mastering AngularJS in the next couple weeks. Not sure what to inject it in, but probably a shopping cart.
    Jan 12, 2018
  4. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    The good news is that most of that is now available in a GUI development program. Then, you can tweak it in the code if you have to. I know you enjoy learning it. What I meant by I wouldn't be looking forward to them so much is that I don't write web sites any longer.
    Jan 12, 2018
    Symbol of Peace and vxlccm like this.
  5. Born_For_War
    Born_For_War
    @StopTheMusic--Oh, ok; understood. As for me, I'm doing websites, apps and databases as part of my business. I'm currently finishing up my first database, and I'd like to be able to implement a bit of JS in every website I create, hence my purchase of the references.
    Jan 13, 2018
  6. Born_For_War
    Born_For_War
    @vxlccm, what does AngularJS involve? I've heard the name, just not explored what it actually does.

Maybe you guys can tell me a bit more about what you're up to as regards IT :) Post on my journal any time, fellers!
    Jan 13, 2018
  7. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    @Born_For_War for your e-commerce solutions. Find a good credit processor that has an easy to use GUI interface directly to their server. Much easier that inventing the wheel from scratch. Your current credit card processor might offer a web interface. But, they don't all offer the same ease of use.
    Jan 13, 2018
    Symbol of Peace and Born_For_War like this.
  8. vxlccm
  9. Born_For_War
    Born_For_War
    It says, "Angular is a JavaScript open-source framework which was designed particularly for single-page web applications using MVC architectural pattern. It is not a full-stack, but a front-end framework dealing basically with your webpages."

Forgive me if this is an obvious question, but is it like jQuery, or not really?
    Jan 13, 2018
  10. Born_For_War
    Born_For_War
    Thanks @StopTheMusic, I'll keep that in mind. Are there any credit processors you could recommend?
    Jan 13, 2018
  11. vxlccm
    vxlccm
    Prototype > jQuery > AngularJS

Sort of. Except that it can't do a lot of low level things. More like specifically for data handling "CRUD" operations.
    Jan 13, 2018
    Symbol of Peace likes this.
  12. vxlccm
    vxlccm
    eCommerce credit card processing nearly always has to do with the merchant account of the person. Stateside, I've used maybe a dozen in as many years. I've rolled my own a lot, but if you do have a client using a bank that will allow a particular gateway that then you have a plugin for in a framework, then that's a good way to go.
    Jan 13, 2018
  13. vxlccm
    vxlccm
    Problem is, there's usually problems that require custom code anyways. Maybe I just have picky clients ;P
    Jan 13, 2018
  14. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Hey @vxlccm It's been a bit of time since I built a page that processed credit cards. When I did, it was almost always for services not widgets. So, I needed something robust enough to allow me to only allow user access to a label that asked if they wanted the chicken or beef meal if they ordered the optional dinner. Today, I'd ask the cc processor to see a client with a website that uses their interface.
    Jan 13, 2018
  15. vxlccm
    vxlccm
    Interesting. It's so very app-dependent, really. Generally, I'm an implementer at the lower level already getting paid a chunk of cash, so buying a package or even installing a thing isn't the mindset of my clients, they're always customizing and integrating with difficult and original issues. There's always modules but I end up doing a lot of connective wiring :)
    Jan 13, 2018
    Symbol of Peace and Born_For_War like this.
  16. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Hey - the problem you might run into is the client might have a cc processor already. And that cc processor might be giving them a half percent less then the cc processor with an interface to their server that actually makes sense. Will the client change cc processors just to get a better web interface or look at you and say, "make it work"?
    Jan 14, 2018