1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by letter

1. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    It's always good to reward ones accomplishments! (Had to google pemmican cuz I had no idea what that meant) :-)
    May 19, 2019
  2. letter
    letter
    I'll send ya some! If it's prepared correctly and stored well, it can last for yeeaaars unrefrigerated...even decades. Pemmican and pine needle tea, survival 101 :D

I'm hoping to get a 4-6 month stash of pemmican together before I head out in earnest.
    May 19, 2019
  3. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Thanks! Wow! You know so much about survival stuff :)
    May 19, 2019
  4. letter
    letter
    :) I still have tons to learn. This is my first time making pemmican...sooo....no promise as to the taste! XD
    May 19, 2019
  5. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    So if it turns out to be no good feed to the raccoons and squirrels :D
    May 19, 2019
  6. letter
    letter
    Yess! YESSS!! And now that I can legally hunt them, I can get them all plump and tasty off the bad pemmican and then...eat them...

Or I'll give it to @Tiger uppercut! and tell him it's chicken.
    May 19, 2019
  7. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Mmmmm fake chicken!
    May 19, 2019
  8. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Tell him it's Popeyes and he'll it for sure :D
    May 19, 2019
  9. Deleted Account
  10. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    I'll volunteer to be a taste taster. My flowery language is on standby just in case anyone needs it.
    May 19, 2019
  11. letter
    letter
    Reporting in.

The pemmican is a success. It tastes pretty good. So far no one has died from eating it. I'm going to leave it out for a few weeks to test its longevity.

Taste testers at various levels of bravery would be appreciated. Anyone up for seeing if my creation will be safe to consume at 1 year old? :D
    May 21, 2019
  12. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    Sure, why not. You only live once as they say so I'd volunteer to see how it's like when it's a year old.
    May 21, 2019
  13. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I think it will pass the test of time and it will be edible a year from now :)
    May 22, 2019
  14. IGY
    IGY
    Sorry to rain on the pemmican party @letter et al. But it is not very tasty, it sounds horrible and it even looks like shit! :o
    May 25, 2019
  15. letter
    letter
    You've had pemmican before @IGY?

I agree that it isn't the most palatable food, but so far I've found it to be tasty enough to eat a meal from start to finish without issue.
    May 30, 2019
  16. IGY
    IGY
    Hi letter, no mate, I had to look it up. And that is what I read. It doesn't taste very good, so it prevents you from scoffing your supply too quickly. And the pictures I saw didn't look too good. :o But, look after yourself buddy. :)
    May 31, 2019
  17. letter
    letter
    I can confirm the stuff looks horrid @IGY. While cold, it's kind of just gritty and swallowable. But when added to hot rice, the tallow melts and makes the rice wonderfully rich with fat. The taste then too is much improved, but the bits of dried meat I didn't completely crush still tend to be crunchy.

Next batch I'm going to pulverize the meat to dust and see if that deals with the texture issues.
    Jun 3, 2019
  18. IGY
    IGY
    Eww! OK mate, good luck with that.
    Jun 3, 2019
  19. letter