1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by sfmark12

1. spaces
    spaces
    Keep trying , it will change !
    Feb 14, 2019
  2. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I had to go through some hardcore insomnia to break it. It’s wont be easy but it will be worth it.
    Feb 14, 2019
  3. sfmark12
    sfmark12
    Hardcore insomnia?!
    Feb 16, 2019
    spaces likes this.
  4. IGY
    IGY
    I have had all three types of insomnia for over 13 years now Tiger. It is nothing to do with the NoFap challenge (in my case). It is 3:30am atm. Not even the sign of sleep so far tonight. That is pretty hardcore. :/
    Feb 17, 2019
    spaces likes this.
  5. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I feel ya, IGY. I haven’t suffered for that long...but I have before I started nofap as well. Have you ever tried medication for it?
    Feb 17, 2019
    spaces and Coffee Candy like this.
  6. IGY
    IGY
    I feel for you too mate. Yes, I took an antihistamine (hydroxyzine) because of the side effect of drowsiness. It worked to some extent. After a couple of years I stopped it because it just made me feel drowsy all day (as I needed 4 tablets at night to make me sleep). Do you take meds?
    Feb 17, 2019
    spaces likes this.
  7. IGY
    IGY
    Do you have trouble 1) going to sleep; 2) staying asleep; or 3) early morning waking?
    Feb 17, 2019
    spaces likes this.
  8. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    All three. I think my body is just programmed to wake up for work so I can never sleep in if I do fall asleep. When I do fall out it’s usually only for a hour or two. I wake up a lot during the night.
    Feb 17, 2019
  9. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Currently I’ve been prescribed quetiapine. It definitely does the job...but I don’t want to become dependent on them. Sooooo I try not to take them as much.
    Feb 17, 2019
  10. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I got pretty addicted to Tylenol pm in the past, so I don’t want to go down that road again.
    Feb 17, 2019
  11. IGY
    IGY
    Oh, that sucks. You have my empathy. While it is not believed that Quetiapine is physically addictive, abuse of it can lead to psychological addiction.
    Feb 17, 2019
    spaces likes this.
  12. IGY
    IGY
    The hydroxyzine are totally non-addictive and you can stop and start and increase and decrease the dose at will.
    Feb 17, 2019
    spaces likes this.
  13. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Interesting. I had figured both would be addicting. I suppose one could get mentally addicted.
    Feb 17, 2019
  14. IGY
    IGY
    I was on them for at least two years and stopped one day. I felt no craving to take them and suffered no symptoms. In that sense, they are a good option as a sedating tablet. But avoid benzodiazepines (tranquilisers e.g. diazepam) like the plague!
    Feb 17, 2019
    spaces likes this.
  15. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Diazepam sounds familiar.
    Feb 17, 2019
  16. IGY
    IGY
    Yeah. AVOID! Should be prescribed for a maximum of four weeks. But Doctors leave patients on them for years. They are totally addicted and need bigger and bigger doses as they go on.
    Feb 17, 2019
    spaces likes this.
  17. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Horrible. Thank you for the information, IGY. :)
    Feb 17, 2019