1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Pastor Preston

1. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Yes!
    the moon looked huge and beautiful. I enjoyed the view a lot <3
    Dec 22, 2018
  2. Pastor Preston
    Pastor Preston
    You know, it's so nice to take the time to take in how beautiful the world is at night. It's peaceful, and so much better than giving in to bad habits.
    Dec 23, 2018
  3. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I know!
    I love the night. I love watching the stars, the moon, everything is so peaceful ...
    Dec 23, 2018
  4. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I love this quote:
    "Little do I know about the night but the night seems to know about me, and even more, it assists me as if it loved me, it covers my conscience with its stars." (Alejandra Pizarnik)
    Dec 23, 2018
  5. Pastor Preston
    Pastor Preston
    I like that quote, too. This is my first time hearing it. It seems to explain why night time stirs the imagination and motivates one to do their best work. There is a lot to think about in one quote.
    Dec 23, 2018
  6. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Yes, I agree with you n_n
    Dec 23, 2018
  7. Pastor Preston
    Pastor Preston
    Interesting, it was actually kind of difficult to find that poem. This reminds me of when I was in high school, learning Spanish, thinking about one day reading Spanish poetry. I still plan on picking it up one day :)
    Dec 24, 2018
  8. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Oh, do you speak spanish?
    I do :-)
    Dec 24, 2018
  9. Pastor Preston
    Pastor Preston
    I don't speak much Spanish, but plan to pick back up where I left off years ago sometime after I graduate. I love the language and the people, and could see myself doing missions one day. When in high school, I loved it, and enjoyed the poetry. I had a great teacher. That's cool! How long have you spoken Spanish?
    Dec 24, 2018
  10. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Well, Spanish is my mother tongue. Actually I don't speak English, just a little, but I'm in a school learning it.
    Good thing you want to resume your Spanish course. It's a beautiful language, I love that it's so extensive and complex.
    Dec 24, 2018
  11. Pastor Preston
    Pastor Preston
    Feliz Navidad @Freedom_lover :) I always found Spanish to be the most beautiful of languages. It is awesome that you are learning English. You seem to be doing well!
    Dec 25, 2018
  12. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Merry Christmas for you too, Preston!
    I hope you have had a great time in the company of your loved ones.

Thank you.
    I still have a lot to learn, sometimes I find the language so difficult, but I will not give up. Next year I'll speak English! n_n
    Dec 25, 2018
  13. Pastor Preston
    Pastor Preston
    Thanks so much :) I also find learning a language to be difficult. I have studied Spanish, Greek, and Hebrew, but have not mastered one of them. I enjoy the concepts, though. Well, it sounds like you have some impressive goals and a great attitude!!
    Dec 25, 2018
  14. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Learning a language is difficult, but the languages you have chosen to learn are even more so :-P
    Why do you want to learn Greek and Hebrew?
    Dec 26, 2018
  15. Pastor Preston
    Pastor Preston
    Haha, you're right! I am a seminary student training to be a pastor. Koine Greek and Hebrew are the two predominant languages that were originally used to write the Holy Bible. Even a beginner's understanding of either improves my ability to understand Scripture.
    Dec 26, 2018
  16. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Yes I imagined that the reason would be related to the Bible. The reason for wanting to learn Spanish, English, French, Portuguese or Chinese are obvious: they are basic languages. But the Hebrew and Greek do not, that's why it caught my attention.
    Dec 26, 2018
  17. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I think it's interesting that you want to learn them. But, the Greek and current Hebrews are no longer like the old ones, will not that be a problem?
    I mean that all languages over the centuries change ...
    Dec 26, 2018
  18. Pastor Preston
    Pastor Preston
    Good question! I am actually learning Koine Greek which is classic "Bible" Greek. I am also focusing on the Hebrew that was used to write the Bible. To be honest, I know less about Hebrew. I have focused more on learning about how the language developed and about the culture. There is so much to learn! Also, now that you mention it, I would love to learn Spanish, French and German, too.
    Dec 26, 2018
  19. Pastor Preston
    Pastor Preston
    Thanks for the likes and follow! :)
    Dec 26, 2018
  20. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Well, your reason seems very admirable. I read the Bible, I believe in it and I don't doubt its authenticity.
    But I think that reading the Bible in its original languages would be a plus for my faith. I can not imagine how difficult it is to learn those languages, but the reward will be very satisfactory. Don't give up, Preston;)
    Dec 26, 2018
  21. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    You're welcome, thanks to you too ;-)
    Dec 26, 2018
  22. Pastor Preston
    Pastor Preston
    Thank you so much @Freedom_lover This conversation has truly been a blessing :) I will not give up! It is wonderful that you read and believe God's Word. Another thing that is so beneficial to understanding the Bible is to learn about the culture and context in which it was originally written. There is so much to be learned and nowhere near enough time to learn it!
    Dec 27, 2018
  23. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Thanks to you Preston n_n
    I agree with you that there are many things to learn, what we learn today is just the edge of what we will learn throughout eternity ...
    It was also a pleasure for me to exchange words with you, Preston.
    It's funny how we started talking about the moon and how we ended up talking about the Bible :-P
    Dec 27, 2018
  24. Pastor Preston
    Pastor Preston
    That is the work of God, my friend :) I just love how the moon led to some beautiful Spanish poetry and then to learning linguistics to pursue knowledge about the Bible and missions! Now, eternity? Sounds good to me! I am very excited to see what God has prepared for us in the eternity to come. Our bad habits in this world will be no more! How magnificent!
    Dec 27, 2018