1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Such a lonely day, and it's mine ...

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by change2017, Aug 11, 2017.

1. change2017

change2017 Fapstronaut

So, I'm having one of these days and I feel like I should write about it. I'm usually a very happy individual, barely have any serious problems. There's just this thing, loneliness. If it is that. It definitely plays into my mood when I have these days. Mostly, it's not even days, but during the semester break, I'm alone way too much; sometimes more than I can handle. And I don't know what to do. I want to get out, do something, be productive, but today's a rainy day that somehow started bad, so that I couldn't motivate myself to be productive. I don't even know what the problem is: Is it the weather that drags me down, my best friend who doesn't know how to treat me, the fact that I'm lonely? I can be happy with being alone, so maybe that's the internet. The illusion of being not alone, while you actually are, making you lonely. It's fascinating how I can have days where I barely talk to anyone without a problem and others where my well-being depends on getting in contact with others. Then, there's way too many people in my phone, most of which I don't seem to care enough to ask to do something. Maybe, because I think we don't connect, maybe because I don't know what to do with that person, maybe even being anxious about being rejected or overthinking what that person might think about me. Although I know that's stupid. I just don't know how to combine these two attitudes, as well as being on and offline. I really think being connected 24/7 today influences our happiness. It's just really hard, much like NoFap, to reduce the internet use. It's not just that you might miss something, it's also become a habit to browse Reddit and YouTube. I think I might leave it at that at first. Don't want to write too much, if anyone is going to read this. I just thought it might be a good idea, rather than feeling bad all day. Maybe someone can make sense out of this. I really appreciate this forum, even though I'm barely here.

vyndaloo and Properitas like this.
  2. Pmo is in the past

Pmo is in the past Fapstronaut

Have you considered getting a pet

3. change2017

change2017 Fapstronaut

I'd love to, but I'm unfortunately not allowed to. One day, though!

4. Fink93

Fink93 Fapstronaut

The most loneliest day of my life

The weather is also pretty grey and rainy around here the last couple days. This, the fact that I'm on a 3 days streak, that I drunk alcohol yesterday, being lonely it all kind of plays into it I think. Also my internet is gone since yesterday morning. I'm really down at the moment and I'm constantly thinking what I need to do for it to get better.. But I know it will only be for a few days so I'm just gonna wait it out.

With that said I think there is good times and there is bad times but we need to fight to get out of it again. I don't fight right now I just let it punch me in the face. It's up to oneself.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  5. It´s a day I´m glad I survived...

It´s like you speak from my soul, bro.
    These days are the worst.
    These days are the reason I relapse, why I still struggle with this.

6. Noelle

Noelle Fapstronaut

Do you have a job? That tends to lift my boredom real quick!

7. if u invite somebody somewhere dont think what you gonna do. dont focus on other person. focus on the thing you want to do. just enjoy the thing you do, dont care about the person. if you dont show interest the other person will show. it will all settle automaticly by the heart, not the stupid brain.