1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why females has bad taste in entertainment these days?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Aug 6, 2017.

1. It's like a woman saying "Walk the Line", "The Godfather" and "Alien" aren't/weren't very good movies because they're boring, stupid, slow and 'not enough action' they said. Women like movies that aren't good like "Alone in the Dark", Rob Zombie's Halloween remake and "Snow White and the Huntsman". While men, including me, like movies that are universal acclaim like because they are smart and has good taste, women does not have the same kind. Women like bad, stupid movies that is fast-paced action, non-sense romance and predictable story? This is such a mystery.

Women these days.....

nofepfepforlife likes this.
  2. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

What are you even talking about? Are you talking about one specific girl you know? Because individual tastes vary from person to person.

3. nofepfepforlife

nofepfepforlife Fapstronaut

this isn't a new phenomenon, women have always had shit taste. like 80% of the garbage you see on TV is aimed at females. hence why television is complete and utter trash nowadays.

4. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

Sad but true! Also they read a lot of rubbish... e.g. Minor Celeb Biographies.

Taylor25 and nofepfepforlife like this.
  5. Messialdo

Messialdo Fapstronaut

Facts! All these reality shows are aimed at them and they don't think they are scripted lol. I can't have a conversation with another man who watches these reality shows unless we're both agreeing how garbage they are.

6. Remember "Girls Next Door" and "Jersey Shore"? It was an freaking tedious era/generation back in the days.

7. PasterofMuppets

PasterofMuppets Fapstronaut

Dude, everyone has bad taste in entertainement these days.
    It's not bad, it's just that the original is miles and miles above it.

8. This thread is utterly ridiculous. Many women (including me) love movies such as Alien and The Godfather. You can't just lump all women or men into groups like this.

9. BeastMode24x7

BeastMode24x7 Fapstronaut

its not about a particular gender, its about people in general though

plant goodness likes this.
  10. Numbanddisturbed72

Numbanddisturbed72 Fapstronaut

Lol this thread is making me laugh.

11. BeastMode24x7

BeastMode24x7 Fapstronaut

haha perspectives bruh

12. DeltaMeansChange

DeltaMeansChange Fapstronaut

Notice how silly that sounds? That's because it is - music taste, like movie taste, is wildly varying and incredibly subjective. There are plenty of women who like the bands I mentioned at first and plenty of men who like the artists I mentioned later. Plus me saying that women only like the artists I mentioned (which I got from your signature) is such an absurd generalization that it's borderline sexist.

I know a person who liked The Emoji Movie. And admittedly, I was surprised - how could any adult like that movie? So instead of judging him as having a bad taste in movies, I asked him what he liked about it. He told me his son, who was recently diagnosed with autism, was not only really looking forward to seeing it, but thought the movie was hilarious. And this person liked the movie because it made their son smile and have a good time.

Some people like movies that make them think, some people like movies that entertain them, some people like movies that tug at the heartstrings. People have different tastes and the sooner you realize that it's OK for people to like what you don't like, the sooner you'll stop judging them based on this single facet.

You don't have to like the same movies as them, but you don't have to judge them for liking those movies (or not liking the movies you like). Try instead to find out why they like those movies, and see if they are willing to give your movies a chance. Live and let live, friend.

13. plant goodness

plant goodness Fapstronaut

I'm at Shitbucks right now Tay and there was a woman waiting for a drink I couldn't help but notice because she was like 3 feet in front of my table and I'm facing the counter.

Now I didn't oogle but I mean I noticed her and nature said ya she is potentially...DAMMIT I SAID I WOULDN'T VIEW WOMEN IN PUBLIC AS POTENTIAL PARTNERS BUT I WASN'T OK IT IS WIRED INTO US TO BE ATTRACTED TO OTHERS, WIRED BY MOTHER NATURE.

Long story short I would have bowed and kissed her feet and asked her to marry me regardless of what her tastes are man. And I'd promise to be the greatest most caring spouse she could imagine too.

Millenial likes this.
  14. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

Taste is subjective. Most of you probably don't like classical music, a lot of you like rap this, IMO means you have horrible taste, but it's just a subjective opinion.

We literally hear different things are ears pick up different stuff and some sounds are more appealing to some than others.

That being said I think women are more easily moved by popular culture and will get into something because it's perceived as popular, thus very bad taste. However, I see guys listening to rap as doing something because it's cool, not because they like it, but maybe I just can't hear what is good about that music as it doesn't even sound like music to me [ most rap, not all]

Personally, I can't stand the push to females in fiction writing and to a lesser degree in cinema. All the girl power stuff turns me right off and comes across as lame and forced to me. A lot of it is just pushing PC culture though rather than necessarily appealing to the female audience. Writers won't get published unless they add some girl power stuff [ or so I've been told]

Estus likes this.
  15. Estus

Estus Banned

The truth is women hate other women.

They couldn't care less if there are more or less women in a movie or game or show or what roles they have.

The only reason that narrative is pushed is because of people with an agenda. I call them the diversicucks.

Speaking of classic here's a good one.

16. Ok I admit quite a lot of women like X Factor, The Voice, Eastenders and Downton Abbey. But not every woman likes those shows. I know women who deeply love Pride and Prejudice so much that they know the line of 1995 BBC show off by heart, then I know other women who think Jane Austin's work is silly and boring. Then there's this girl I know who loves R&B, superhero movies and sports and then there's this other woman I use to work with who loves horror movies and heavy metal. Not all women have the same taste in entertainment. @Jen@8675309 is right this thread utterly ridiculous.

17. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

Man I love those women!

18. PasterofMuppets

PasterofMuppets Fapstronaut

My kinda girl