1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Has a Cure For Cancer Already Been Discovered?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 14, 2017.

1. This was inspired by someone who commented on a particular thread here in the off topic section.

Has the cure for cancer already been discovered?

I think most know I'm not one for conspiracy theories but I was talking to my sister about this once. She told me one of her old neighbours use to work in the pharmaceutical (drug) industry and she told her the cure for cancer has already been discovered but pharmaceutical companies don't want to reveal it to the public because they would lose a lot of money.

Now if this was some crazy person telling me this I would have dismissed it, but this is my sister. We don't agree on a number of things but I doubt she would make this up. I don't know her old neighbour but my sister isn't gullible and she rejects the majority of conspiracy theories, in fact, as far as I know, this is the only one that she believes in. As a result, she's deeply suspicious of charities like Cancer Research UK and Macmillan Cancer Support, and again she's a not conspiracy nut.

This is rejected theory by a number of articles online like this one but what does everyone think? I'm willing to give this theory some consideration due to my sister believing it. Really if this is true then it's a crime against humanity!

Adrian Otto and plant goodness like this.
  2. I wouldn't be surprised. A lot of money that goes towards cancer research charities don't go to research. They go to various non research stuff. I know that you're not one for conspiracy theories but the elites who run everything wouldn't allow the cure to be accessible to the public because it goes against their interests.

plant goodness likes this.
  3. thatoneguy123

thatoneguy123 Fapstronaut

onions are a cure. Cancer treatment causes cancer

4. HeartSoulLifePassion

HeartSoulLifePassion Fapstronaut

There is but the doctors and scientists who have the cure or find something that shows progress....end up dead

5. HeartSoulLifePassion

HeartSoulLifePassion Fapstronaut

6. pmonomore

pmonomore Fapstronaut

This is an obvious conspiracy theory for the same obvious reasons other obvious conspiracy theories are obvious.

Basic cancer research is not being carried out by big pharma, and I also don't think cancer medication is that big a business compared to a lot of other medical fields.

What might be plausible is if a pharmaceutical company had developed a drug that worked better against a very specific cancer form than a existing drug they already owned, and that they withheld that drug because they were already having a good business and did not want to spend millions of additional $$$ to make the new drug ready for market.

stygian likes this.
  7. thatoneguy123

thatoneguy123 Fapstronaut

Natural herbs fruits and vegetables can cure it

8. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

There are a ton of emails in my spam folder from people who claim the cure has just been found, and I can get in on the action if I just make a small investment....

9. ominous1

ominous1 Fapstronaut

I've been hearing this since high school.
    It's an urban legend.
    My SO works in the pharmaceutical industry.
    Specifically drug discovery.
    A lot of funding comes from the government to these scientists to the tune of millions, specifically for researching cancer. There are entire research institutes dedicated to cancer research. With 100+ employees.
    It just seems highly unlikely to me.

10. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Naked mole rat

11. plant goodness

plant goodness Fapstronaut

I think the deeper question is, is cancer preventable?

Highly so.

tiredofbeingtired and Buddhabro like this.
  12. plant goodness

Ya just don't forget to cut out the meat.

Buddhabro likes this.
  13. plant goodness

Royal Rife: Cancer Cure Genius Silenced by Medical Mafia – Anonymous

There is a documentay playing now on Netflix called What The Health. Ya.

What the Health: Netflix diet documentary What The Health will turn you vegan | Metro News

"No joke. I watched What The Health on Netflix this week and immediately cut meat out of my diet the following day.

I’m not saying I’m a fully-fledged vegan now, but I’m definitely committed to trying the 30-day challenge after seeing all the outrageously good benefits a plant-based diet has to offer.

The documentary, directed by self-confessed hypochondriac Kip Andersen, explores the damaging effects eating meat has on our bodies. And trust me, there are a lot. Like, alarming amounts. The show will make you question everything you thought you knew about a healthy diet."

14. plant goodness

I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means but search Anonymous and cancer cure and they have some articles with good info on this topic.

15. plant goodness

That was like a penis enlargement joke except not funny.

16. Buddhabro

Buddhabro Fapstronaut

I'm interested in a vegan diet. Any words of wisdom? Encouragement?
    What about reducing amount of meat chicken and fish. Like in stir fry oriented meals...
    I think eliminating it would be best, but just don't think that I can do it.

17. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

18. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

Your sister has been duped by her neighbor.

First of all, what does a "cure for cancer" even mean? There are so many different kinds of cancer. Isn't that like saying someone found the cure to PMO addiction, but they don't want to reveal it? What would the cure to PMO addiction be? Does there have to be 1 cure? Why can't there be meditation, religion, exercise, cold showers, posting a daily journal here, getting support, eating well, and so on? A combination of factors?

And what does it mean the "pharmaceutical companies" don't want to reveal it. Which pharmaceutical company? If Pfizer discovered the "cure" then how would Merck find out about it? And how would your sister's neighbor know what other pharmaceutical companies know? Did the company she worked for discover it themselves? In which case she should have more details.

But if a company did discover it (I am going to ignore testicular cancer, which is cured in many cases - why did that "cure" get released?), they would make so much money that everyone involved would have enough money to buy whatever they wanted for 10 generations. And be world-famous. So why exactly would they want to hide it?

And how can you prevent someone else from discovering it? If I invent a new product, I sure want to get it to market before someone else, somewhere in the world, does it. If a US pharmaceutical company discovered the cure, how exactly are they going to prevent a Hindi-speaking pharmaceutical company in India from discovering it as well, and then get them to not reveal it?

Kenzi likes this.
  19. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I'm back to the naked mole rat.
    Completely (to all) cancer immune.
    What do you know about them?
    And furthermore, even though we have discovered cancer immune animals, why can't and aren't we translating this to humans?
    --also, I'm a cancer survivor.
    4 years.

Deleted Account likes this.
  20. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

@stygian
    I agree with you in what you are saying... However...
    If you follow the pharmaceutical industry trade, right now (I think it's China) is getting oxycotin for the first time for pain. (last year)
    It's new to them and they previously haven't been able to manufacture it because of some sort of reason.
    There are international laws that hold patents on who can do what. Hold what. Use what. When. How. Why.
    I don't know if cancer researchers are in this, but the whole thing is dumb and crippling the whole system.
    It makes news less news worthy.... When you know that it's all... Skewed.