1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think about coffee?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Connor21, Jul 8, 2017.

Drinking coffee fine?

1. always (under 3-4 cups a day)

70.7%
  2. not while your rebooting, resume after 90 days if you still need it

7.3%
  3. never

22.0%
  1. Just Rose

Just Rose Distinguished Fapstronaut

Wait: what do you mean by "reboot". If I want to never ever PMO again in my life, what proceeds?

2. li_89_am

li_89_am Fapstronaut

I've gone 2 months without caffeine and I feel much better without. I used to have 2 a day, occassionally 3. The first week or so is difficult, but it gets better after that. I decided to stop because, although it gave me a boost, I feel it made me less mindful and towards the end of the day, I started to flag. Now I'm on a level most of the day. I sleep better and don't feel as tired as the day goes on. However... I do love coffee and how I feel when I have one, so I would never say I'll giv eit up forever.

3. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

I used to have moderate amounts of coffee. And I have given up on Coffee 3 weeks ago, i think. It works only sometimes for me. Most of the time, it made me Jumpy/Aggressive/Compulsive...somehow I thought it interfered with the state of my mind. I'm so glad I realized coffee just doesn't work for me.

4. PasterofMuppets

PasterofMuppets Fapstronaut

Not a fan, always preferred tea, but sometimes you just need that cup to get up.

5. Coffee is delicious man. Without I wouldn't be the same.

6. I've read that 2-3 cups of coffee a day could be good for your sex drive and also good for erections. So maybe it's best to avoid coffee during a reboot. After the reboot though, coffee might be a good tool to further boost your sexual abilities. I could be wrong though, I'm going to do more research.

7. Steve Sancteria

Steve Sancteria Fapstronaut

drinking cofé is another short time solution for a problem.
    Drinking cofé (1 cup is fine tho) ruins your adrenal glance...so yeah another dumb thing that just solves a problem easiely and quickly but you have to pay a certain price you don´t notice in the first place yet.

Long term solution would be: a bullet proof sleeping routine, enough sleep (guys I know you wanna spend some time watching what soever with whosoever in the evening, but if you spend 2 hours more into sleep, you safe probably 16 hours the next day. 16 hours of productivity is worth more than 2 hours of some entertainment crap that consumes your dopamine)

Doing exercises, build up some stamina.
    Cold shower...actually a short term solution but since it has a certain learning curve to get used to it ^^
    Drinking green or matcha tea, it has coffein as well but not as impacting as cofé.

Taking supplements to solve a problem quickly ends up developing just some more problems.

If you need to drink alcohol to flirt on a party, alcohol is just another dumb solution for a confidence problem

If you have to smoke a cig, just another short term solution to calm down only so you can escape a problem for a couple of minutes...while paying that your health drops, great sounds like a great trade to me...

Eating some hardcore sugar such as chocolate or drinking some coke to feel good for a short time will end up ruining your blood sugar, causing problems that really impact your life.

Masturbating...well I think you guys already know :D

So yeah, take the long hard road cause this one always pays off.
    The quality of your life depends on it :p

Some might be thinking "oh c'mon isn´t that a little bit too harsh, I mean never watching crap on TV, eating chocolate, smoking my beautiful cigs etc. I deserve a certain quality in life"

Yeah exactly, you deserve a certain quality in life, so stop doing that crap :D...did you ever meet someone who said "ahhh I feel so bad cause I quit my 6 years of daylie smoking career" ?

HappyDaysAreHereAgain likes this.
  8. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

HappyDaysAreHereAgain Fapstronaut

It depends on the person. For me, it is fine, but I couldn't say that it would be fine for anybody. I know that I don't get much reaction from it. I can do mornings with or without coffee, but that may because I didn't start drinking it until I was a few years out of the university. When I drink it, I like it strong and dark. Italian expresso is awesome.

9. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

HappyDaysAreHereAgain Fapstronaut

No hot sauce?

Joyful Job likes this.
  10. High fat and high carb? :confused:

11. Steve Sancteria

Steve Sancteria Fapstronaut

high pleasure

12. That would be the case with the MCT oil but not the heavy whipping cream. ;) Regardless the high fat content still matters when it comes to caloric intake.