1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why I own a Quran

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Waldo101, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

I was at a Pakastani restaurant and they had free copies at the cash register. I mean it was free so why not?

2. Monster Carrot

Monster Carrot Fapstronaut

I've been meaning to read it one of these days... but they translating it into other languages nerfs the feeling you get.

Xience likes this.
  3. Xience

Xience Guest

Read it for me would ya?

4. I have the Quran app installed on my phone. I find it a bit hard to get into because it's rather different to the Bible.

5. @Waldo101 what's Pakistani food like? Is it like Indian?

6. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

Yes. My experience with it is limited though but it is similar.

7. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

They were giving away these for free in Germany as well. At some point I read that the organization doing this was connected to Islamism. Anyway, the Quran is probably still the same, so yeah, why not own it and may be even read it?

EddyFriend likes this.
  8. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

Islam has an increasing effect on the world, so it's definitely useful to learn about it.

EddyFriend likes this.
  9. Vilcox

Vilcox Fapstronaut

Islam is not a cult, which actually is a part of the problem. Mainstream Sunni Islam has never had an organised clergy, so any old geezer with three remaining teeth at age 35 and a bad knee who could recite it can be appointed an Imam by the villagers.

The Islamic State however, is probably going to become history's largest suicide cult.

Deleted Account likes this.