1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your views on eugenics (human breeding)?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, May 29, 2017.

Do you support eugenics?

1. I do support only positive eugenics

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. I do support only negative eugenics

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I do support eugenics in general.

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. I do not support eugenics (please reply to thread and say why)

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
  5. I don't care.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other (please reply to thread and tell us what you think)

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. overclocked

overclocked Fapstronaut

I'm against eugenics. It will probably mean someone will force me to break my nofap streak just to have their way with my awesome genes :D

2. IMG_0089.JPG

Deadlihood likes this.
  3. A lot of people are mentioning Hitler and racism. A valid concerns for sure. Maybe you guys are right that we are not ready for this quite yet. But at the same time I'm not so sure about it either. I mean we seem to deal with racism quite fine in most places in developed countries. So I don't see why we could not apply same thinking to eugenics regarding human equality as we apply to discrimination due to race in employment for example. Also I think comparing genocide to eugenics is quite insane to be honest...

I think that solution to racism could potentially be human breeding itself. We should actually encourage different races to reproduce with each other. So in the end there would not be Negroids, Caucasians, mongoloids and so on. There would be just one human race; all races mixed.

4. nginx2

nginx2 Fapstronaut

I have a genetic disease, but it is just a little annoying and nothing severe. So if my ancestors hadn't been allowed to reproduce, I wouldn't actually exist. So for me it would be bad, because I would prefer to exist with a genetic disease rather than not existing at all. But of course for the society it would be better, if I didn't exist and spread the chance of handing over the disease to further generations.

The evolution used to take care of this issue, but I think in todays world, the evolution would barely continue, because every human being has an equal probability of reproduction. The strongest, most intelligent, richest used to have priority for priority for reproduction. The weakest ones or those with (genetic) diseases would barely get a chance to reproduce. But today, everyone can reproduce and in my country, poor people actually have more children on average, whereas rich people have less children. So if the children of poor people become poor as well, because they get a bad education from their parents, which is usually the case, there would be a reverse evolution, so I think evolution will barely do anything in the next tens of thousands of years.

5. why is it ok to encourage this - and many people do because they think 'racism' is the root cause of everything (when they are not blaming religion) this is essentially wiping entire races, especially those with recessive traits (europeans).
    Yet i see this encouraged in popular media all the time. Who are the real racists? Who are the real haters?

Personally, I think the world is a little more interesting when people or species of animals for that matter, aren't all a interbred. .that's homogenization, not 'diversity'

6. How do you know that you would not just exist in a better body?
    You are looking at this from the perspective of death. From the perspective of stopping to exist. But death is different than never existing to begin with. If that would be the case you would not care, cos you would not exist to care. There would be nothing you would miss.
    Obviously we can't just say that one thing is the cause of all world's problems. There are many things that contribute to separation of people. Religion is one of them, racism is another one of the bunch. So while eliminating one would not solve all problems it certainly would make them easier to deal with, cos there would be one less of a cause to deal with.
    There is absolutely nothing precious about having different races. Sure, it's interesting and diverse. But that just feeds our egos desire for entertainment and for fun. That's all "interesting" is. If we would live in a world without different races then we would not even notice that. I live in a country where 99% of population are Caucasian, I don't miss black people. And I am sure black people in countries where 99% of population are black does not miss white people either. Life is interesting enough.

7. nginx2

nginx2 Fapstronaut

This sounds like "If my parents hadn't reproduced, my parents would be someone else now, so I would definitly exist and just search a free body, that is created by anyone, who is allowed to reproduce." Because in order to exist in a better body, it would have to be someone else, as my original parents wouldn't have been allowed to reproduce.

This is very philosophical, but it sound like there are endless minds out there, and whenever a new body is created, it settles down in there according to your view, right?

8. I do believe that minds exist without the body and reincarnation and all that stuff. But even if we don't think about it, still, what makes up you? Do you feel it's your memories and experiences? What if I would hit your head real hard and took all of that away? Would it still be You, without all the memories? What if I would keep 85% of what you experienced in life and change just 15%, like your parents, location of birth and so on. How much of you I would have to take away for it to be still you? How would you know that all your experiences in that life would not match today, mathematically it's possible.

9. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

I cannot even believe this discussion is real. Everyone here who supports eugenics, obviously you have not studied the history of eugenics in the United States or in Europe. Once you do, you will not support it. Not knowing history has catastrophic effects.

10. replace 'egalitarianism' with eugenics and you have an equally true statement. I don't know what you mean by 'supports' but it too often in today's PC environment that conflates with 'is it true'.

11. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

I have no idea what you mean. I did not mention "egalitarianism". Did you intend the converse?
    "Supports" is clear and does not require explanation.
    Do not know what you are getting at with "is it true".

12. AlienOverlord

AlienOverlord Fapstronaut

It some ways it's tempting, but yet seemingly shortsighted. As for the idea of intermixing all races, well a.) it's happening regardless. Race plays no role over whether or not I want to be with someone. Some intentionally mix. Same result. b.) wouldn't that eventually lead to new races anyways? Say we reset mankind so that all races were evenly mixed. How long before different regions began seeing specific traits become dominant and other traits diminished? Then you still have various cultures and beliefs which change, grow, or disappear over time. There will always be diversity. Nature will see to it as that's how species survive.

13. You imply the history of eugenics has led to unpleasant results.
    So has egalitarianism - it in fact as resulted in more death and injustice at least in the 20th century.

not true. Someone may believe that eugenics is true, or that intelligence is inherited or statistically for example, certain races have higher average iqs.
    Just for acknowledging these thing people have have their careers destroyed- research scientists in particular.

14. that is because of official, forced policies which are just as destructive as eugenic detractors claim.
    You can clearly see the goal in a place like Tibet - where China wants to eliminate Tibetan nationalism by eliminating the Tibetan people EU overlords are trying to do the same thing.

15. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

The effects of egalitarianism has nothing to do with eugenics. Even if the effects of egalitarianism are the same as the effects of genetics, it does not imply any relationship.
    Eugenics is using selective breeding to have a desired effect on the human race. An action cannot be "true" or "false." We are not arguing whether eugenics has the intended effect, but rather if it should be used.

Whether intelligence is inherited or certain races have higher IQs are statements which can be proven or disproven.

Fap_Doc likes this.
  16. AlienOverlord

AlienOverlord Fapstronaut

So all the mixed couples I've seen, it's because they're being forced to be together. Okay.

17. Aiyoshi

Aiyoshi Fapstronaut

No, just no. Everyone has the right to be happy and if they want to have children they have a right to do so.

Also, if we start to remove all the genetics imperfections, it will be a matter of time before it starts a sort of war against brain problems like ADHD, Anti-Social Disorder, Autism, etc. And as someone with ADHD, who already hates medication, I'm against that.

Of course we are forgetting that one mega virus who'll come and destroy all humanity eventually, due to the scarcity of genes, or maybe the virus will evolve with us.

WalkingForward likes this.
  18. no but the conditions that brought them together are forced.nearly every university, corporation and gov. institution has forced diversity rules.

China is a little bit more blunt in Tibet, they give bonuses to Tibet females who marry chinese males.
    empires almost always encourage race mixing.

19. I am not catholic.
    How am I 'racist'? You're saying that someone who looks at statistics and determines that one race on average excels over another in some characteristic is 'racist' so if say whites are more likely to get sunburned, I am racist?

20. Your argument was eugencis is bad because it led to bad behavior by certain governments.

If that is the premise than egalitarianism is far worse, as far more people have suffered and died as a result to impose that ideology on societies.