1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How long do you meditate daily?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by stygian, May 8, 2017.

Round to the nearest answer

1. < 5 minutes

14.3%
  2. 5 minutes

10.7%
  3. 10 minutes

19.6%
  4. 15 minutes

12.5%
  5. 20 minutes

17.9%
  6. 30 minutes

12.5%
  7. 45 minutes

5.4%
  8. 1 hour

5.4%
  9. 2 hours

1.8%
  10. > 2 hours

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. projectexperiment

projectexperiment Fapstronaut

After I experienced the energy surges, I felt lighter and like I was glowing or something. I went to the store and this one girl saw me between the aisles. She was with her dude. I didn't think much of it especially because I was feeling so good, so I kept shopping. When they went to the check out I saw her staring at me all they way from the cashier to where I was, really far off (big store).

That didn't happen with all of the girls in the store, so I don't know if it was a fluke, energy, pheromones or how I looked but there was definite eye contact and some kind of interest. Maybe she'd never seen a person that happy while shopping.

I also get polarized responses when I'm in that state. I've had it some times before. Some people stare like that or they start laughing, some guys heckle me wanting to start shit and and women have approached me. I've been going at this for a decade or so, different teachings and exercises, but applied effort always gets me into an altered state and I start getting these events and occasions where I get noticeable reactions from people.

2. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

@projectexperiment , that sounds great. Do you meditate for an hour daily and which meditation do you use? I use anapanasati; am not familiar with transmutation.

3. projectexperiment

I'm doing vipassana currently (insight meditation) where you follow your breath and see what comes up. I also do love meditation sometimes where you practice feeling loving towards whatever is going on, acceptance basically.

I've done two hours a day recently but I'll probably change it to an hour if I get busy doing something.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  4. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

Vipassana is against transmutation? What that a different meditation you were doing?

5. projectexperiment

It seems that when I do vipassana while horny, sooner or later the energy discharges and flows upwards. I don't know why this happens but it's almost like having a regular orgasm, multiple times. I'm 7 weeks without MO.

6. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

meditaion never worked for me. I donot know why. And i donot understand how meditation works . Concentrating on breathing is also meditation but some heavy breathing and slow breathing makes u feel tired really tired. Not calm . Holding breath while meditation exhuast badly.

7. Jungler

Jungler Fapstronaut

Meh.. I practice meditation regularly and can't get passed 15 minutes.

Almost like I have reached a plateau.

8. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

You don't have to do heavy or slow breathing. You can just observe your breathing. That is a meditation.

9. Leona

Leona Guest

I usually meditate from 15 to 30 minutes daily. It depends on how I feel on that particular day and how much time I have to practice.

In my opinion it doesn't matter how long you practice. Its more about how deeply you're involved into the actual experience. Sometimes just 5 minutes can turn your whole day around. So even if you don't have time: A little goes a long way. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2017
    SheMonk likes this.
  10. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

I am not meditating nearly as often as I would like, but I'm trying to get back into every night before sleep and 10 minutes of Metta (loving-kindness) meditation every morning before doing anything else. :)

Leona likes this.
  11. phwrancesco

phwrancesco Fapstronaut

uahah i wanted to write something funny but this is funny enough :)