1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does a wet dream count?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mikewing, May 9, 2017.

1. Mikewing

Mikewing Fapstronaut

Hey guys, I'm only on day 7 - pretty proud of that anyways... but I had a sexual dream last night that didn't complete a full O, but was close... does that count?

I know it is a bit scrupulous... But does a wet dream, mean I have to reset my counter?

If trying to abstain from PMO, do wet dreams count? Because I don't know if the body can totally cut that out... or can it?

Let me know!

And... Now after 1 week - pretty good accomplishment - but its getting a bit tough now... I feel restless and high energy with frustration a bit.

Is this normal, and does it calm down a bit?

Cold showers are helping a bit.

2. Degman

Degman Fapstronaut

Wet dreams are perfectly normal and aren't considered a relapse since you can't control them, so no, you don't have to reset your counter!

People often get a heavy energy boost at the day 7 mark however it does calm down later so don't be surprised if you fall into a flatline period.

Just keep yourself motivated and remember why you started doing this in the first place, stay strong. o7

3. You can't control wet dream so it doesn't count as relapse . But it can increase your urge to engage in pmo.

4. Mikewing

Mikewing Fapstronaut

I know... It is tough waking up from one of those dreams... It's almost like getting knocked down the hill and having to crawl up it again. BUT, I have felt good positive energy the rest of this day. Like a closeness to God, and peace and love towards others... I hope I can last, by God's grace

jesusmysaviour likes this.
  5. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

No, wet dreams don't count.

But what I've experienced is that, after an intense dream, the next day it's very tempting to keep the memory of that dream alive. That can be a real problem. I find that if I keep my thoughts disciplined the first day, the memories of the dream fade, and I'm ok.

Mikewing likes this.
  6. Mikewing

Mikewing Fapstronaut

Thank man... For sure. Good advice. I'm definitely learning that a lot of this (if not all) is learning to have control over our thoughts.