1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Four weeks clean

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by projectexperiment, Apr 28, 2017.

1. projectexperiment

projectexperiment Fapstronaut

It has felt like it has been longer, but this weekend I hit four weeks without PMO. I'm more comfortable in my skin and my anxiety has lessened.

This success feels like I can make other changes in my life, like quitting drinking and smoking altogether. I want to take care of my body after years of neglect and low energy. PMO and drinking were my routine for a long time. I've been a PMO addict for 19 years, I started at 12 years old and kept doing it. I have managed a streak of 6 months before but that was years ago. A lot changed in that time but I had old issues come up which sabotaged my success. I fell back into PMO after that long streak. A lot of it had to do with my addicted thinking and fantasizing.

I want to live my life with purpose, and that has become my guiding thought. PMO has to go, followed by my other addictions when I'm ready to drop them.

I don't feel any superpowers, but I feel more like myself. That's a super power to me.

lolstabber99, Aloha, Casey54 and 7 others like this.
  2. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman

That is awesome to hear. Keep up the good work.

3. Fink93

Fink93 Fapstronaut

cheers mate, keep going. you´ve got the power, i can feel it ;)

4. BartaBhaus

BartaBhaus Fapstronaut

Today is my 4th week also, I count from April 1st, I cant close my eyes without thinking sex. I quit alcohol, smoking and others last year. When I lived with a girl we would have sex everyday, because I was/am horny all the time. It's so difficult for me, I think of giving up everyday.

5. projectexperiment

Looks like I've lost about 8lbs weight during my streak, I attribute it to increased testosterone and eating less. Also, cutting out alcohol and starting working the bag again will further allow me to lose fat.

Feeling good.

6. LifeWorthLiving!!!

LifeWorthLiving!!! Fapstronaut

GREAT post. I can relate to lessened anxiety and comfort in your own akin.

GOD'S PEACE!!!

7. LifeWorthLiving!!!

LifeWorthLiving!!! Fapstronaut

What helped me was redirecting the thought. I light up my reasoning and speak to the urge, directly. "NO, NOT GOING THERE, NOT AN OPTION"

Memories can be challenging until they are addressed head on. This is what works for me.

GOD'S PEACE!!!

8. 4 years bro go for 4 years!! awesome.

9. joarev85

joarev85 Fapstronaut

Great! I ask you a question. If I actively seek a trigger, got a slightly Dopamine hit, But choose to close it, would you consider that as a relapse? I took a shower and meditated and the dopamine -feeling went somehow away.

10. Casey54

Casey54 Fapstronaut

Hey man, good to read another success story. It took me a while to notice any super powers, but I feel a lot better now that I'm on this journey. Good luck

11. projectexperiment

I think the dopamine hits are unavoidable, especially when you consider how much sex is being used to sell everything. Also, you can get aroused by women in real life and you will feel that same hit then. As long as you don't escalate to P and M after triggers, you're doing fine.

12. joarev85

joarev85 Fapstronaut

Great. Triggers are hard to avoid. Most of the time I try to quickly look away. But sometimes I do actively seek them, no doubt. In weak moments. I guess I just have to, as you say, avoid getting deeper in the actions.

13. ATW504

ATW504 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the story, it is inspiring. I am entering my 3rd week and it is getting harder. So I need the extra motivation.