1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

7 Day Push-up Challenge

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Will_power_now, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Rob99

Rob99 Fapstronaut

Finished day two, 100 pushups

Will_power_now likes this.
  2. Dataper

Dataper Fapstronaut

We should make it more interesting, Let's do 50 pushup, 50 situps each day for the next 4 days and every 4 day just add 10 more pushup, sit up for a month, aND no FAB, DEDICATION/HEART

3. Dismas

Dismas Fapstronaut

Challenge Accepted! :cool:

I'll start tomorrow morning.

LivinginRecovery likes this.
  4. LivinginRecovery

LivinginRecovery Fapstronaut

I am completely unfit however I am going to try for 50 and that will more than likely be a combination of sit ups and push ups but I will do it daily. I'll report back later when I've done my set for today. This is a good thread because it gives me something to try for and hopefully I am up to 100 in the next few months or so.

***UPDATE***

I managed to do 25 push ups and 25 sit ups and my arms feel caned. I will do the same tomorrow and for the next month or so then up my limit to 60 each day. Great thread.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  5. Dataper

Dataper Fapstronaut

Update,
    I just finished doing 40 pushups and 40 situps, my arms feel like gummy worms lol,but it does take my mind of from Porm,other dirty things,I do another 40 tomorrow morning, I do 4 sets of 10 and drink a bottle of water.

6. Will_power_now

Will_power_now Fapstronaut

I'm going to stick with my key number '100'. Perhaps I'll increase it in the future, but for now, it's a good number for me. Maybe today I do only situps or a combination of both (I'm not sure yet), just to regenerate the push-ups-affected muscles. I'll post the results later.

7. Will_power_now

Day 12 - done :emoji_heavy_check_mark:

100 Sit ups

8. LivinginRecovery

LivinginRecovery Fapstronaut

I have just completed my first 100. 30 Push Ups. 30 Sit Ups and 40 Ab Crunches. This forum is going to be great for me.

9. Rob99

Rob99 Fapstronaut

Didn't get to post yesterday, day 3 done

10. For the average person, doing 100 push ups a day will not require you to take rest days. You're body is pretty good at adapting to the exercises you do. If you do the same bodybuilding routine every week with the same amount of weight, eventually you will probably stop being sore, be able to do it very easily, and not make a whole lot of progress. Same with the push up challenge. It's really good for getting into a routine and challenging your will power. It will be harder at first but eventually get pretty easy (I've done it before with a buddy) and because it's not too intense you really don't need to take rest days. Unless of course you are feeling pain (not just muscle fatigue) or a potential injury... then you better rest! Also it is a lot easier to start by doing 10 sets of 10 with rest in between, you can fill the rest by doing a different workout like abs, planks, jump squats, etc. And if there is no way you can do 100 regular push ups.. start with 100 pushups from your knees.

TLDR: It's a pretty good challenge, don't worry about taking rest days unless you are potentially injured

11. Will_power_now

Day 13 - done :emoji_heavy_check_mark:

105 Push-ups

12. Will_power_now

For me too! It pushes me to do the pushups:emoji_thumbsup:

13. Will_power_now

What you describe is exactly what I experienced. On the third day my muscles hurt very badly, bad now my body has adapted to the 100 pushups. I also feel that it is much more easy to do the 100 pushups now, than the first days, so I increased the number to 105..I will continue this streak and see what my body "tells" me to do next..it's a really good challenge, especially when you commit to really do it everyday without missing a day! It might also eliminate some bad habits (overindulgence in drinking alcohol etc.)

14. Wise_Paragon

Wise_Paragon Fapstronaut

Gonna join this challenge. I use to do 100 push-ups pull-ups sit-ups and dips everyday. At first it took awhile maybe 1hr and 30 minutes then i was able to get it down to a 30 min workout. It eventually became my warmup for my actual workout. I loved it. I experienced greater growth in a shorter time period staying dedicated to that. Busy with finals right now so I haven't been working out much. But i'm gonna join this challenge, it's gonna keep me on track.

15. Halftime

Halftime Guest

Day one pushup challenge I did 100

16. Rob99

Rob99 Fapstronaut

Day four down, another 100 pushups

17. Will_power_now

Day 14 - done :emoji_heavy_check_mark:

115 Push-ups