1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody here believe that the Earth is flat?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Apr 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

Yea rhe earth is flat and the sun is also a disc and the moon is a disc moving in the sky. and also gravity doesnt exist the flat earth is simply moving up at 9.8 meters per second

2. The moon

The moon Fapstronaut

Ryan Higa.... TEHEEE.
    :cool::p:D;)

3. John84

John84 Fapstronaut

I think these dumb ideas and conspiracy theories are youtube's fault. Its like those crazy people (somtimes drunk) who stand on corners shouting conspiracies or the world is ending holding a cardboard sign, but now there on youtube.

4. The reason you can't see anything after 2.9 miles on the horizon is because of the swell of the ocean and the laws of perception. This has been proven by high zooming lens.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  5. Calculas

Calculas Guest

[​IMG]

6. TwelveFoot

TwelveFoot Fapstronaut

Flat? I thought it was a cube!

7. nginx2

nginx2 Fapstronaut

If it's flat, how would you explain the timezones, which you can experience yourself on long flights?

How would you explain the tides?

How would you explain the ISS not falling down?

How would you explain longer and shorter days in summer and winter?

How would you explain the source of wind energy, ocean water streams?

Why should the poles be much colder than the equator line?

There are endless questions, which destroy the flat earth theory. These ones just came to my mind.

8. I don't believe in the flat earth theory, but I am looking more in to it instead of just dismissing it by calling it "ridiculous". Sure it may sound ridiculous, the same thing can be said about NASA's evidence on why the earth is a sphere. All of the pictures that NASA has produced of a sphere Earth are CGI and they admit it.

9. RapnRoll

RapnRoll Fapstronaut

I think it's an interesting theory. Highly unlikely that the Earth is flat though. Most of the people that believe in it are Christians quoting the bible as proof. Regardless if it's true or not, it's an interesting theory to look into.

ChristopherB likes this.
  10. You can't jump to conclusions before investigating it and providing evidence to prove that it's unlikely, it's dismissive to say that.

11. Riddle22

Riddle22 Fapstronaut

don't think earth is flat, for me that theory is doesn't have scientific value and still have to be proven

12. contrast

contrast Fapstronaut

We've had pizzagate, cultural marxism and male periods, so why not flat earth too?

Deleted Account and señor like this.
  13. IMG_0043.JPG

14. That's what I was thinking lmao

15. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

Could be a transporter portal at each end to give the impression of being able to travel in a circular fashion.

I find some of these conspiracies quite interesting when they are "proven" rather than instantly dismissed. When you see how easy it is to prove a cockamamie concept it makes you question what you currently believe.

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

17. RapnRoll

RapnRoll Fapstronaut

Flat earthers believe that north is in the center of the planet and that south is the Antarctica.
    [​IMG]

Regardless of if it's true or not. It's impressive how much thought has been put into the theory.

Deleted Account likes this.
  18. I'm
    I'm trying to grasp some of the concepts myself lol. There's a theory suggesting Antartica is an "ice wall" between other world worlds considering that we're not surrounded by outer space and why Antartica is a no-fly zone.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  19. djmotion

djmotion Fapstronaut

what? I thought the earth was shaped like an ice cream cone :confused:

20. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

That does put it in a different light. I was looking at it from the established idea of how the continents are shaped and positioned on the globe.