1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Gratitude Attitude Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by BushidoWarrior, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Tom_Corsi

Tom_Corsi Fapstronaut

I think today's version will be the "Things I bitch about, but really shouldn't bitch about, because others have it worse" edition:

1) I spent part of yesterday cleaning out the basement and I'll be dragging out the lawnmower today to cut the grass ... but I should be more thankful that I have a home. It may have a horribly full-of-junk basement and a yard that is just awful to cut, but it is a lot more than a lot of people have, and I'm thankful for it.

2) I am sweating through some schoolwork and waiting to see if I can continue in my program ... but I'm thankful for the opportunity to pursue my education. I have my faults - MANY of them, actually - but I thank God for the scholastic aptitude I have been given in my field.

3) I am trying to lose some weight and crabby about it ... but I'm thankful to have more food than a LOT of people do. It's actually embarrassing to look at all of the food choices I have and gripe about "I don't know what to eat" when there are those who are not so blessed.

burningmidnight and Overfloweth like this.
  2. Overfloweth

Overfloweth Fapstronaut

I'm grateful for friends who are open minded and listen without judging.

I'm grateful for my good health.

I'm grateful for the food I'm about to eat.

Death Mammal and burningmidnight like this.
  3. burningmidnight

burningmidnight Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful for the nice springy days.
    2. I am grateful for my time off.
    3. I am grateful for the books I read.
    4. I am grateful for my improved awareness.
    5. I am grateful for the Cure and their amazing music.
    6. I am grateful for every new thing I learn.

Overfloweth, Misha, nojerking and 2 others like this.
  4. Strength And Light

Strength And Light Fapstronaut

1) Today I am grateful for my health and sobriety.
    2) Today I am thankful for the amazing part of the world that I live in, one of the most beautiful.
    3) Today I am grateful for life itself in it's unbelievable complexity and design.

5. I am grateful for this life.

I am grateful for each breath.

I am grateful for all the inspiration I get from other people.

I am German and "appreciation" and "gratitude" have become my favorite words in English language. :)

6. Death Mammal

Death Mammal Fapstronaut

It's day two:

1. I am grateful for my grandmother who I haven't seen in years, and getting to hear stories of my father when he was young.

2. I am grateful for the vision of the person I want to be.

3. I am grateful for the fact that compassion exists at all.

7. waterworld

waterworld Fapstronaut

Six!
    I am Gratefull
    • To have awoken this morning. For the opportunity to take part in life for one more day
    • For feeling closer to health and sanity than I have for a long time
    • For the job I have to go to this morning
    • For my insanely nice home
    • For my sponsor in AA
    • For my parents

8. nojerking

nojerking Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful for learning to trust my intuition. I realized that it´s time to do what I want instead of what is expected from me. I was born with my own internal guide sytem and it´s time to use it. It´s time to write my own story;
    2. I am grateful that I found this website. here, for the first time in a long time I started having glimps of my true self;
    3. I am grateful for life. I want life. I want to experience having everything I always wanted.

9. Misha

Misha Fapstronaut

I am grateful for my friends inviting me to play boardgames!
    I am grateful for detox from facebook! I see already results, I am more present and pay attention to present moment, not escaping reality, I have aLOT of free time - before I was killing 3-5 hours per day by it :)
    I am grateful for sauna existence
    I am grateful for yesterday's pizza
    I am grateful for my students of russian
    I am grateful for temperature that it is going higher and higher
    I am grateful for morning coffee
    I am grateful for my free time
    I am grateful for plan about going to moutains with my friends :)
    I am grateful for Mirror's Edge OST

I am grateful for returning to my room after 4 months living in my brother's room.
    I am grateful that I cleaned all my room and now it is clean like it probably never was before
    I am grateful for Zen Buddists because they inspired me to clean the room
    I am grateful for Zen Buddists because they are doing stuff with humour

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  10. burningmidnight

1. I am grateful for cats. Why? Because I just love cats.
    2. I am grateful for iTunes and its new sales, to get the GotG's Cosmic Mix and Fantastic Beasts soundtracks for a good cheap price.
    3. I am grateful to be able to sleep in and relax.
    4. I am grateful for Raisinets.
    5. I am grateful for the positive feedback and support.
    6. I am grateful that I will get my head in order.

11. Misha

Misha Fapstronaut

I am grateful for one girl I was allucinated towards her for 7 months. She showed me that I can be attractive for girls, that most of the people doesn't wish us bad and not everyone is going to use us
    I am grateful for my ex that he showed me that I can be loved without conditions, that I deserve the best and I can be happy in my life in general
    I am happy for moon, stars, cats, fishes and zodiac signs. I have great memories with this stuff, especially about last relationship
    I am grateful for support I received today from nofap user
    I am grateful for spending time with friends of mine :)
    I am grateful for a cake I ate today and pancakes
    I am grateful to the Universe that it sent me so many beautiful moments and good people in my life and I can feel that I am not alone neither totally abandoned and forgotten in this world
    I am grateful for the knowledge about myself. Even If for now I add a regret for the knowledge, soon I will understand that there is no need for regreting, but knowledge by itself will help me to grow and shine like a beautiful star on the cloudless sky
    I am grateful for being zodiac leo and being connected to the sun and orange colour :D!

12. Death Mammal

Death Mammal Fapstronaut

Day Tres!
    (I actually am terrible at Spanish)

1. I'm so grateful for this community. It's not terribly difficult for me to avoid breaking, but it's the people who make NoFap a meaningful experience.

2. The way that thinking about death has made me fall in love with life. I want to spend my time sharing kindness, being a positive thing in the lives of others. And it's that mindset alone that has given me the greatest joy.

3. That there are fellow cat fans going through the gratitude challenge (mmhmm I see you). It means a lot because I come home to a small ball of love that takes over half my bed... and I am so glad to know that I share that kind of joy with others in a medium that's as impersonally personal as this.

13. Overfloweth

Overfloweth Fapstronaut

Awesome post

Whackless, burningmidnight and Misha like this.
  14. waterworld

waterworld Fapstronaut

I am Gratefull
    • To be alive today. To have awoken and have an opportunity to take part in life
    • To not have to go to work today
    • For the Reiss Jacket that I bought in a charity shop for £7.50 ! :)

15. SweetTransformation

SweetTransformation Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful for the fresh perspective I am gaming on life.

2. I am grateful for hope.

3. I am grateful for strength.

16. Overfloweth

Overfloweth Fapstronaut

I'm grateful for this weekd morning mediations, what a gift. I'm so thankful for being a part of my group.

I'm grateful for my simple, drama-free life. It hasn't always been like this, but now I am very content with simplicity.

I'm so grateful for spiritual friends; we can discuss everything, from dealing with everyday life to meditation insights and experiences. Friendships like this are priceless.

Whackless and burningmidnight like this.
  17. Strength And Light

Strength And Light Fapstronaut

1) Today I am thankful that it's Friday and I've got a good weekend just around the corner.
    2) Today I am grateful for spring and nature awakening from winter.
    3) Today I am thankful for my daughter for making me laugh and making my heart soar.

18. burningmidnight

1. I am grateful for this busy day.
    2. I am grateful that I accomplished all my goals.
    3. I am grateful to have enough money to buy a new iPod touch for my Mom for Easter.
    4. I am grateful for the help and assistant I got.
    5. I am grateful for the new Thor and Star Wars trailers and teasers.
    6. I am grateful for a renewed sense of hope and success.

19. BruceD

BruceD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

1. I am grateful for eating healthy food today.
    2. I am grateful for leaving work earlier today.
    3. I am grateful for my meditation today.

20. Prov2611

Prov2611 Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful for those who love me
    2. I am grateful I have the opportunity to be alive today
    3. I am grateful for water and air - I take it for granted that I just have these anytime I want them.
    4. I'm grateful for my roommate's dog. She's being super sweet