1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to talk to girls

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Lyart, Mar 26, 2017.

1. AlienOverlord

AlienOverlord Fapstronaut

I live in an area with a moderate amount of foot traffic. Every now and then I'll get a "Hi" from a stranger. In fact I've had people get offended by my lack of a response. I think that something that us shy people/introverts need to better understand, is that interaction between strangers is normal. We need to get past these mental images of people getting offended over simple communication. Stop projecting personal insecurities onto everyone else and let that inner extrovert see the light of day.

2. Lyart

Lyart Fapstronaut

Thats some excuse. Like "but its too bright i can't see her anyway".
    Let me tell you that the only anxieties you are born with are:

Fear of falling
    Fear of loud noises

all the fucking rest is trained. And can be unlearned. Very quickly, even. Go out and look. Approach.

3. Lyart

Lyart Fapstronaut

Fuck that. People who say that work for me and eat my dirt.

4. AlienOverlord

AlienOverlord Fapstronaut

I have that problem too. We need to ignore those voices around us which reinforce these false ideas and just take a chance. Challenge yourself to make eye contact at least long enough to notice eye color. And if you're talking with someone, or even only just listening, try keep eye contact for most of the duration. For us it's the same as developing a new habit. It's worth it. It diminishes at least one insecurity and makes you look more natural when you're not looking everywhere except for the person in front of you.

5. ⅅⅈⅇ

ⅅⅈⅇ Guest

The first step to being able to talk to women is to remove the idea that you have a problem talking to women.

IMG_0184.JPG

6. black_coyote

black_coyote Fapstronaut

Day 1- I was talking to a friend of mine who is a girl and suddenly this another girl comes in, I've seen her around the college, never communicated. I smiled, which she returned. We talked a little, just basic introductions. Then, suddenly I felt nervous, I made an excuse and walked away. She seemed to be interested in talking more, but I felt rather shy.

AlienOverlord likes this.
  7. Purps

Purps Guest

In itself this challenge is usually use in PUA with the same notion of asking time or directions.

Good principle which I may try but in already social setting like campus or something similar.

8. Purps

Purps Guest

Talked to one girl for a bit we were both busy with work but atleast I spoke with her a bit. Weirldy I have created these ''obstacles'' in my mind as far as approaching goes or starting the conversation. More like doubts. I was not nervous it was just about taking the step and actually opening my mouth and starting the conversation.

It did not feel hard but I do not speak up each time. What I basicly noticed that I create these situations to be much bigger than they are in my head. At the end of the day people are not going to be rude to me just because. She seemed like a pleasant chick also.

9. Purps

Purps Guest

Collect your thoughts and talk to her more next time.:D

10. Lyart

Lyart Fapstronaut

99 to go :)

11. TwelveFoot

TwelveFoot Fapstronaut

Just curious, where are you from?

12. jocad

jocad Fapstronaut

challenge accepted. my week-to-week is pretty structured with not many new people to see, but this will be an impetus to make some deviations.

13. Purps

Purps Guest

Not about numbers really for me. I'm just going to try doing it more and more often daily if possible even if it is just one new person.

Happend again today took me a bit to start the conversation well quite a bit but again all my worries was for nothing since the person was quite talkative and pleasant.

14. Lyart

Lyart Fapstronaut

"More and more" is not a clear goal and bound to fail. If you set yourself clear goals, you can see the line and you will see your confidence improve with each goal.

15. TheWolverine

TheWolverine Fapstronaut

French

16. jokerskill

jokerskill Fapstronaut

Awesome advice.

Just empty your mind of any negative expectations and go for it.
    It's what I do and its never let me down.
    Thinking of how shit could go wrong is exactly why shit does.

Thanks again for the post