1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone ever noticed any weird people on Facebook?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Namekian23, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

I'm sure many of you have encountered these people on Facebook at some point. But my question is: Why do they behave this way? There are people who don't even know you, but they send a friend request to you anyway. This isn't unusual, but many people accept their requests anyway. It's just what happens afterwards that really matters. One person I never met before sent me 4 friend requests, so I had to block her.

And there are some who are the real weirdos, and if that's not the case, they could be crazy, paranoid, or everything in between. I have a friend of mine who used to have a girlfriend that was really nice to me at first. Even though we never met in person, she always liked my posts, pictures, and albums, here and there. She was friendly at first, plus she was close to my friend, so I had no problems. And there were several times she would say something on my posts and I would respond.

Then things started getting weird. Ever since my friend broke up with her, she kept messaging me asking me where he is and if he's cheating on her. Then it got even crazier where she kept messaging me paragraphs of information almost every week. She then starts telling me how much she still loved him. When she realized the truth that she was cheated on, she started getting angry at me for no reason. I had nothing to do with it. I kept ignoring her because I didn't even knew her, but she still persisted. Finally, I had to remove her off my friends list.

Furthermore, there was another time, another friend of mine met my college friend for the first time. Even though they didn't interact much, in less than a week, he sent her a friend request. And once in a while, he would say something on her posts even though they've met only once. He also had the fear of females rejecting his friend requests, and once was even obsessed about it. Not to mention, he already has a girlfriend, so I don't wanna know what's going on with him. There are a lot of creepy people on Facebook, and I'm just wondering if anyone has had similar stories. I'm just curious.

2. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

I hate Facebook, and everyone you have described is the very reason why I hate Facebook.
    Delete Facebook and just talk to people you know personally via mobile text or phone calls.
    That's how I live life.
    And anyone with my number respects it and doesn't give it out to anyone, same as I don't to them.

The problem with social media is that everyone assumes everyone is their friend and so they just post or whine as they please.

3. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

This

4. I have proudly not had Facebook since forever.

Yes, that's what they do. And they do it with twitter to an excruciating extent. I find this TED talk explains it well.
    How one tweet can ruin your life | Jon Ronson - YouTube

Social media is the antithesis of sociality.

5. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

This problem of today's age doesn't help that mentally modern people are weaker.
    Too easily upset of really meanial things.
    Inability to counter any malicious or innocent trash talk.
    And most of all people these days take themselves far too seriously.
    I learned a long time ago that I was just a small fish in a big sea. There's no spotlight on me, and not to care what others think about me...good or bad.
    Just respect people who deserve it and be kind to those who deserve it. Finally don't expect respect or kindness. If it happens let it, if not forget it.
    Simple social attitude is just heaven.

People dwell on things that don't matter.

Namekian23 and SlapTheFap like this.
  6. People click on "Like" button on Facebook gave me cancer :(

Namekian23 likes this.
  7. Blumpkin

Blumpkin Fapstronaut

No, I have never seen weirdos on Facebok

8. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

I am that weird person on Facebook.

Namekian23 likes this.
  9. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

I know right? Sometimes people are so in tuned with Facebook that it becomes their life. If a Facebook fanatic can't quit this type of social media, then at least limit the amount of time spent on it. I'm not a huge Facebook user although I only log in to look at some of my friends' posts and important events in their lives. Other than that, quitting Facebook for good is something that I have trouble with. At the same time, I don't let it consume my life.

10. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Oh yeah tell me about it