1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to stick to Nofap for good

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by NoFapAsian, May 31, 2014.

1. NoFapAsian

NoFapAsian Fapstronaut

Hi all,

It's great that so many people are discovering Nofap everyday and are starting this process.
    This thread is more for people who have started but are finding it hard to stick to it.

For me, I discovered this forum in November 2013 and I have not fapped since.

I would like to share some of my mentalities / strategies for sticking to it.

1) Go onto this forum as soon as you feel like you want to fap or watch a video on Nofap academy. They will soon point out why fapping is bad even if you do it just once, and you will see that everyone's trying to stop it, instead of thinking it's okay just do it once.

2) Regularly exercise and do something that improves your ability to self control. Things like martial arts, tai chi, yoga, piano etc all help.

3) Keep doing research on why fapping is bad. Don't try to justify why it's okay and don't look for evidence from Doctors saying it's not going to do damage to your body. It's like an athelete looking for evidence that soft drink is good for you. It does the reverse of accomplishing your goal.

4) Sure, you can argue that fapping is better than having sex with the wrong woman, getting an STD/HIV, and having to deal with pregnancy issues etc. But the thing is, you are still lying to yourself. If you don't have a partner to have sex with, so be it. You can transmute your sexual energy into other areas of your life and improve yourself, rather than wasting it on masturbation and making your chance of finding a woman even less.

If there are any more tips feel free to share it here.

Good luck y'all.

2. Mark

Mark Distinguished Fapstronaut

Sound advice. I would just add that I strongly urge those inclined to read the book Changing for Good by James O Prochaska which really helped me to stop whatever I've stopped and for good. Lays out an excellent sequence of lasting change based on the study of those who have made these changes etc.